Drinker w/ Riding Problem

Delgado 29er Disc - What happen'd?

in the process of putting together another wheelset for my ventana. i love my Silver Delgado Disc with my Hope Pro IIs. I was going to get another set of hoops for my new build, talked with a local hub co./wheel builder, and they said he didn't recommend the Delgado Race Lites because of my size... i told 'em "no i want the just plain Old Delgado Disc- Silver "..."Nope cant get'em" he replyed ... so i go to my local shop... They said "yeah, we can get you what you want", order placed... what did they get? Race Lites..."Sorry the old Delgado's discontinued", so i had'em send them back...

Got a buddy with the Race lites, and he's is as hard on stuff as i am, and he's had probs w/ the RL's...

so why were the Delgado's discontinued?... i knew there were some clicking issues with some of the first released...But i love mine, and had zero issues.... will they be making a return, or is the Race Lite it?

thanks
    b

mtbr member

The details

Quote Originally Posted by brado1
    so why were the Delgado's discontinued?... i knew there were some clicking issues with some of the first released...But i love mine, and had zero issues.... will they be making a return, or is the Race Lite it?

thanks
    b
    Brado, good day.

First, thanks for the support and for asking the question.

Second, the answer. This was a difficult decision for Salsa. As we see it, the facts are as follows. We introduced this rim as a new, pretty light, wide and affordable 29er rim. We had good success with it. That said, the 29er market evolved quickly and the Delgado Disc was just a bit off target in our quality and performance standards.

So, we embarked on a new direction and unfortunately, our intended plans did not meet the scheduled outage of Delgado Discs. Salsa had hoped to have the new rim ready by now. Unfortunately, we do not and I do not have a clear date of arrival.

My hope is that in the end, you will see where we are going and how we are changing. We are just not ready yet.

Jason
    Adventure by Bike

Check out our blog!