mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Colossal PF30 w/ Shimano Crank

I've started planning my build up of a Colossal Ti, and I really want to run a DuraAce crank. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with PF30 adapters like the one from Wheels Mfg or others, how well they work, and if it will affect the chainline in any adverse way. Much appreciated.

P.S. I thought I'd check RoadBikeReview first, but I scoffed when I saw only one category for "Components and Wrenching." Roadies...

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Parlee PF30 BB is an excellent component. I have been using one for 6 months+ with zero issues. Frankly its about the best BB I've had on a MTB.

mtbr member

Colossal PF30 w/ Shimano Crank

From what I've read, the Raceface PF bb that accomodates 24mm cranks and PF30 shells works better than the common adaptors.
    Last edited by islander; 02-25-2013 at 07:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Regarding cranks, does the colossal ti complete come with FSA cranks or Shimano cranks specifically Ultegra? Reason is most of the pictures show the ultegra but the build sheet shows FSA energy..?

Birthday Collector
    Colossal has been spec'd with the FSA cranks, as Shimano makes no PF30 parts (at this point...) I wonder how much longer before they adapt to be able to be spec'd more fully on the bikes that are being manufactured with this design..?
    R.I.P. Corky 10/97-4/09
    Disclaimer: I sell and repair bikes for a living
    http://www.endlesscyclesonline.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Both Wheels Manufacturing and Praxis Works make a great Pressfit 30 adapter for use with the Colossal... You do have a PF30 bottom bracket though, might be worth taking advantage of being able to rock a bigger, stiffer axle...

I'm looking at Cannondale SISL2 cranks for mine at the moment... Would be AWESOME

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I've been reading on the PF adapters and I have heard a lot about the Praxis being one of the better reducing-style designs. KCNC/RWC makes a nice looking complete reducing BB set too. KCNC/RWC PF30 to HT2 BB Adapter with Enduro Bearings