Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Colossal

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADV View Post
    I want to add a road bike to my quiver and I think this is the bike. Road bike with bb7 brakes and built for all day comfort sign me up. I talked with my lbs today and they are going to get me a price for to steel frame. After I sell my karate monkey I am going to pull the trigger on a colossal!
    Yeah! You'll love it. 2014? The gray looks much better in person than it does online.

GOTA, I've never tried a Brooks saddle, but it would definitely look nice on there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vick View Post
    Forgot to mention - I've gotten lots of compliments along the lines of "Hey, sweet cyclocross bike!"

My reply, "It's not a cyclocross bike, it's a road bike", at which point they scan the frame and disk brakes again and display puzzled looks.

Kind of begs the question - does it matter what it is exactly or what we call it if it does what you want it to do?
    I assume but this time this is no longer happening as disc road brakes are becoming more normal.

People are to apt to want to use binary indicators to classify bikes. Such as how fender eyelets are proof a bike is a touring bike and not a serious racer. By that definition, Postal ran touring bikes from 99-04.

mtbr member
    Revival of an old thread I know. But I was looking for info to decide between the steel and Ti frames to replace a 2002 IF Club Racer. Love that bike but can no longer deal with rim brakes and the less than stout rear triangle. I've decided to order the 55cm Ti version next week. Building it up with Ultegra, Haynes CX Pro brakes and Stan's Grail team wheels.

Funny in 2002 people asked me why I bought the weird Club Racer with room for 28c tires and slacker angles than the Crown Jewel. I was told I would regret it and should have bought a Madone, S-Works, etc... After 15 years of riding that thing all year and all surfaces, I am sort of buying the same thing again. And most of those people are now either sedentary or buying gravel/endurance bikes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4