Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Casseroll geometry specs

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  tamjam 
#1 ·
I am currently looking at the Casseroll for the next addition to my stable, I am selecting my frame size based primarily on TT horizontal measurements. I am 5'5" tall and am looking at the 45cm or 47cm frame, my question is this, why on the TT hor. measurements does the 47cm have a 3/8" shorter top tube than the 45cm, or is this a typo? I am confused cause Jensons' web page lists the geo specs the same as Salsa and I don't want to end up with the wrong size frame. I know the Salsa guys look the forum over and post on occasion so any help would be apreciated I would like to get an '07 closeout from Jenson before the all go away, I really like the white panels.

#2 ·
So I looked at the charts again and saw that the metric numbers are 510mm on the 45cm frame and the 47cm frame is 520mm, now this works out to 20.07" for the 45cm and 20.47" on the 47cm, but the charts gives 20.8" for the TT horiz. next to the 510mm reading. I suppose I just want to be sure on the TT measurement.

#4 ·
Bobby, So then are the specs on the web site correct on the Casseroll. I have a 49 cm Chili Con Crosso and it seems to fit fine. My Gunnar Roadie is a 56cm so it is a little shorter stand-over than the 53 cm (56 traditional) size Casseroll. It seems logical that with the sloping TT I should have some more room than a level TT. Any thoughts?

#5 ·
Go by TT length

black cross said:
Bobby, So then are the specs on the web site correct on the Casseroll. I have a 49 cm Chili Con Crosso and it seems to fit fine. My Gunnar Roadie is a 56cm so it is a little shorter stand-over than the 53 cm (56 traditional) size Casseroll. It seems logical that with the sloping TT I should have some more room than a level TT. Any thoughts?
Go by the TT length you are comfortable with. If your Roadie has a 56cm TT, then I'd suggest a 53 Casseroll.

Jason

#7 ·
Complete Casseroll (both single and triple versions) will be in stock here sometime mid January...will be out to authorized dealers that have them on order shortly there after. There will be short supply on these because of how high the demand is for a bit. If your really hot for it, the best thing to do is to call your local Salsa dealer and make sure you reserve one. :thumbsup:

-Bobby

#8 ·
Salsa Cycles said:
Complete Casseroll (both single and triple versions) will be in stock here sometime mid January...will be out to authorized dealers that have them on order shortly there after. There will be short supply on these because of how high the demand is for a bit. If your really hot for it, the best thing to do is to call your local Salsa dealer and make sure you reserve one. :thumbsup:

-Bobby
If my local Salsa dealer is closed until after New Years (and the one I would really like to order my Single from), will I be S.O.L for a size 53cm in the first batch?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.