mtbr member

Brand new Spearfish Creek!

Well I have a brand new Spearfish 1 about third 3rd hour riding developed a nasty creek first while standing and climbing then even while sitting and torqueing it. Much worse in small front ring.Anybody else have this ?

Birthday Collector
    A "nasty creek" would have a lot of algae or sewage in it! It is quite possible that your crank needs to be tightened, could also be pedals or chain ring bolts. New bikes that have parts that sometimes "settle in" quickly (first few hours) often just need a go-over at the shop. Call your dealer and get it in there and let them take a look. Lots of potential starts for squeaks and creaks. Start with BB/Crank and then also they should check the headset, stem, etc... A good shop will have no problem checking things over for you after purchasing a nice bike like that. Best to not ride it until you have it checked over!
    R.I.P. Corky 10/97-4/09
    Disclaimer: I sell and repair bikes for a living
    http://www.endlesscyclesonline.com

mtbr member
    Fixed! After taking apart and lubeing the cranks and it did not change I broke loose the lower pivot and the noise went away. So I lubed the pivot bolt and washers and now its oh so quite.