2OFME
    Sep 2006

anything cage mounted bottom of Fargo

Anyone mount an anything cage on the bosses on the underside of your downtube? I'm looking for a way to carry my jetboil stove and I ride a size small Fargo. Main triangle space is fairly tight for my size.

I have a Gen1 Fargo, so I am a bit hesitant about mounting the anything cage to the fork legs given the lack of clearance on the Gen1 forks between cage and tire.

I'm working on a minimalist setup and thought that mounting my stove under the downtube may be a good option.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    That'll work for sure... I've done the same with the aid of some serious tape... Just make sure the tyre clears whatever you put in it...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I dunno...if it clears, I'd give some strong thought to putting a used tube around the frame, and supporting the anything cage with the 2 cage bolts + a stainless steel hose clamp around the frame. They're not super strong, and that will be a stressful position for it.

Have you thought about getting some bags?

2OFME
    Sep 2006
    I'm going to do probably a Pika bag for the seatpost and I have a tangle bag for the main triangle. I fit my sleeping bag and Nemo Mio tent on a front minimalist rack. I was hoping for the everything cage mounted under the downtube to carry the stove and keep the seatbag for clothing, rain gear, etc.
    I may just order an everything cage just to try one out. They are not terribly expensive so I won't be out a ton of cash if I don't like the setup.
    Maybe mount it in the main triangle and move an H2O bottle to the underside?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'd probably put the Anything cage on the fork, but use some hose clamps to hold it in place. It won't be that heavy.