Thread: 2015 Vaya?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

2015 Vaya?

Anybody know when new 2015 specs/pics will be out?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Looks like some details of most of the rest of the line up is out:

Salsa Cycles

Notice the Vaya isn't there (have a '14 Vaya) but am thinking of adding a El Mariachi to the stable... would guess the Vaya will be up shortly.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    No Vaya and no Warbird. Wonder if they get S*** canned? If so that's a shame I love my Vaya

mtbr member
    No Vaya is a real surprise. I always thought that the Vaya was one of their real core models. Warbird I can understand a little bit more because so many brands are coming out with that type of bike and for the price the Warbird just isn't as impressive on paper as these newer models. Salsa probably can only handle so many bikes which means they need to make room for the new fatbikes by getting rid of others.
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Relax guys, there's another day of Salsa announcements tomorrow at this Saddle Drive thing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    2015 Vayas have the same frame sets as last year. Pretty lame IMO. Was hoping ti would be reintroduced. The stainless frame, minus the couplers, would have been a nice alternative. I just hate the thought of paying a premium price for those couplers.

mtbr member
    I'm very happy that I have a 2013 Colossal with an Enve fork. I don't really care about racks and would much rather have the Enve than the in house fork.

No changes for the Vaya is disappointing but at least it's still in the lineup. Weird how they didn't include it or the Warbird with the the other blog entries.
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by emat View Post
    I just hate the thought of paying a premium price for those couplers.
    Those couplers are keeping me from buying. I don't have any use for them and would not buy a bike with them.

I also don't need another Vaya so maybe it's a good thing they aren't coming out

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I talked with Salsa today. The Vaya lineup is unchanged for 2015. Same frames, colors, specs and components. They said dealers are happy with the Vaya models they way they are.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Alternator dropouts on the Vaya would be nice

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Agreed, Alternators on a Vaya might finally push me to get a road bike. Other than the travel version, that is.
    1989 Bridgestone mb-3
    2013 Salsa El Mariachi 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm very happy that I have a 2013 Colossal with an Enve fork. I don't really care about racks and would much rather have the Enve than the in house fork.
    Me too. It would be a little nice to have the ability to run 30mm tires, but whatever. I think the ti version is ugly, but I do dig that orange in the steel version. But I still like my bomb pop blue the best!

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by aircooled View Post
    Alternator dropouts on the Vaya would be nice
    My Vaya Travel (SST, couplers) has alternator dropouts. Not a fan really - singlespeed can eat a d!ck, mine have creaked badly from day 1, and the threads are soft and very easy to crossthread

mwv
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fourfa View Post
    My Vaya Travel (SST, couplers) has alternator dropouts. Not a fan really - singlespeed can eat a d!ck, mine have creaked badly from day 1, and the threads are soft and very easy to crossthread
    That is a shame. I really want to make one into a Rohloff world touring rig but those dropouts just worry me. I wish they had something like the Ogre/Troll/ECR. That would be perfect for me.

mtbr member
    I tried to impress upon my Salsa Rep that I would love to order a new Vaya titanium. He laughed and said demand was so low he doubted it would ever make a come back.

Sad panda.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I guess the Vaya Ti will always be one of those bikes I wished I had bought. Oh well I love my Vaya.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Anyone longing for a Vaya Ti should take a good look at Kona's Ti Rove as a very capable alternative.