mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2014 Mukluk's Are Shipping. What's next?

I see that a few new Mukluk's are making their way to the dealers. I wonder how long before my Beargrease XX1 will find it's way to me

Has anyone seen or heard of when the Beargrease will be shipping?
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When...when .....when.....

mtbr member
    Early to Mid November for the Beargrease. Those dates could change though.....

Mikey

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyonthemadone View Post
    Early to Mid November for the Beargrease. Those dates could change though.....

Mikey
    Damn. Funny how waiting for a shiny new bike makes a grizzled 53 year old man feel like an 8 year old waiting for Christmas
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    hahahaha....i know the feeling only problem is i sold my muk 2 with a lefty and have no fatbike to ride....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnymac View Post
    hahahaha....i know the feeling only problem is i sold my muk 2 with a lefty and have no fatbike to ride....
    Same story with me. I sold my Pugsley in March cause I knew I was going to jump to the Beargrease. I know it won't be long, but seeing pics of those beautiful gold Muk's on a shop floor made my heart go pitter patter!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    haha!!!!!!!!!! i am getting the XX1 BG from Cycle Haven in NY.....waiting for the text ....he said a couple weeks ....just orederd up some xtr pedals for it yesterday ....and prolly not gonna be doing anything else to it....

mtbr member
    Onepivot,

How true are the words you speak. I waited all winter for last years Beargrease, deadline came and went, decided to go to Arizona and played on the Horsethief for a while, came back and voila, there it was. I cant wait to get on the new one!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyonthemadone View Post
    Onepivot,

How true are the words you speak. I waited all winter for last years Beargrease, deadline came and went, decided to go to Arizona and played on the Horsethief for a while, came back and voila, there it was. I cant wait to get on the new one!
    So Mikey, were you told early to mid November by a Salsa dealer, or do you work for Salsa? Wondering if certain shops get the bikes before others.

mtbr member
    I am a Salsa dealer and that is straight from the inside rep. Emphasis on "dates could change."

ejj
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    Was riding production Muk2s the other day at a shop in Mpls.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    My shop in Arizona says December for the BG. Muks any day now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Got a 19" Muk 2 at the shop here in Helena, MT.... the new orange is sweet!

mtbr member
    Three Mukluk 3's coming in next week to Southern Idaho!! Woo Hoo!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I keep hearing bad stuff about the delivery & availability of the Beargrease. Latest buzz is January and that the XX1 will be in low numbers and hard to get. This comes from a shop employee friend who I hope is full of ****

Another shop tells me that Salsa has assured him that they will have plenty of product. Jeesh, I need to quit listening to my buddies because this is driving me nuts! I ordered mine months ago, guess I just need to cool my heels and wait.

mtbr member
    They promised 2013 Beargrease bikes in November-early December last year and they didn't show up until the middle of February!! Don't get your hopes up for Thanksgiving deliveries....... over promise and WAY under deliver , that is the shape of things IMO.

Mikey

Harmonius Wrench
    Salsa ships product periodically throughout the Winter and into Spring. Beargrease is still on target for November/December as far as I've heard. Last year a Beargrease was in the shop I work at well before Winter, and not all shops get product at the same time. (In fact, shops can choose when they want certain models to drop ship.) So, just pointing out that some shop didn't get a Beargrease until February last year doesn't mean it was that way dealer wide for Salsa.

So, keep in mind that just because a shop somewhere may or may not get a Beargrease carbon bike in November doesn't indicate anything other than what may happen for that particular dealer. (And they may have chosen NOT to have a Beargrease come early, or they may have missed out on the first shipment.)

For what it is worth, this is my son's new Muk 2 I am building up from a frame and fork. Just need to get the rear brake cable and housing yet this weekend......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Mukluk's Are Shipping.  What's next?-jacobs-muk-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Our BG's are all in ship window one which is August to November. Salsa says delivery is early to Mid November. I am just trying to help people understand that just because Salsa says that they will ship inside of those dates, that is not necessarily the case. We ordered early last year and still didn't see any until February, (we were told Thanksgiving.) This is my point. I am hoping they don't mess up and wait until mid winter to get bikes out to the dealers again this year.

On a secondary note, I had real problems just getting a Horsethief 1 for a customer last winter. It was ordered in September and showed up in mid December after being promised for the first of November!

Salsa is great stuff, they just have some weird delivery/projected/promise times.

Mikey

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well I told my shop in early summer to get me an XX1 & I know he's trying. If it's first come first serve then I should get one of the early ones. I hope so anyway.

mtbr member
    Onepivot,

I think you are going to be an early adopter if he got his pre-season order in after Dealercamp in July!! Hope to see a report of sweet carbon goodness from you when it shows up!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Any idea on when the new Spearfish would ship??

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucyjack View Post
    Any idea on when the new Spearfish would ship??
    Was wondering myself so I e-mailed Salsa. They are very responsive so I figured might as well go directly to the source.
    Here was their response.
    "The 2014 frames are due in Late December or Early January"

I asked for shipping dates, but this sounds like when they may be getting them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Lot's of Beargrease arrivals reported at various shops in the past few days. Exciting stuff!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by onepivot View Post
    Lot's of Beargrease arrivals reported at various shops in the past few days. Exciting stuff!
    You are making me happy and crazy at the same time. We have a dozen on order. I just want to get my hands on one!

Mikey