Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by peteer01 View Post
    People more knowledgeable than me can weigh in with a better answer, but I believe the way that the Horsethief is designed means the rear shock shouldn't need to be adjusted for most people riding off-road.

From Dirtragmag:

That said, assuming you bought the bike at your LBS, why not take the bike in and have them make sure you've got your rear shock properly set for your weight? They should be able to let you know if it seems like it's not working as designed, and would be able to get any issues taken care of as a warranty problem.
    Thanks for the advice peteer01. As I said, I'm new to this - so new that I'm right now looking for a rack system so I can transport my new bike on my compact car. Fortunately, there's a couple of trails suitable for a novice less than a mile from me that I can ride to. Until I figure out the rack, I'll try the next best thing and see if I can get in touch with someone at the shop who might be able to help provide some help over the phone.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarf View Post
    Yes & yes, more details end of July.

-pk@salsa
    I know this is an old thread, but I'd like to know more about this 22mm tool for field use. Is there one?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by skeenut View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I'd like to know more about this 22mm tool for field use. Is there one?
    Salsa Split Pivot Dropout Tool Top Cap Black with Black Bolt at Tree Fort Bikes

I personally don't have one. I have a '14 SF before they came out with this so I have a light laser cut wrench I had made that I carry with me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014

22mm Salsa Dropout Tool

Quote Originally Posted by mrh372 View Post
    Salsa Split Pivot Dropout Tool Top Cap Black with Black Bolt at Tree Fort Bikes

I personally don't have one. I have a '14 SF before they came out with this so I have a light laser cut wrench I had made that I carry with me.
    Thanks, that's the ticket!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2