mtbr member

2013 El Mariachi Ti Complete

After waiting a while for my medium El Mariachi Ti complete to come in, it's here! So, for those of you waiting for yours to arrive... have no fear, they are en route!

I've got a full writeup on it here if you are interested, and over here is the related photo gallery. I took the stock build and varied it a bit for my preferences and local trail conditions, and there's still a few changes to be made (bar+stem, mostly), but it's otherwise all ready to ride. I hope to get it on some trails this weekend.

mtbr member
    Very nice! You'll enjoy it for sure. I was able to get mine down to just under 24lbs. Mine is a medium 2012, but I must say I do like slightly altered look of the new frames the more I see them, didn't at first.

mtbr member
    looks great ! Congrats on the new bike.

mtbr member
    Thanks everyone. I'm really happy with it so far, I just have to get the reach/bar sorted out. If I had another Ragley Carnegie's Bar I'd be set, but I may have to take steps to get the Bend 2 to fit... Maybe trimming it a bit, maybe a shorter stem...

mtbr member
    great looking build! I'm having a really hard time not replacing my Mamasita with the El Mar Ti.
    C-DALE FLASH 29 Carbon 2 (19.6 lbs)
    C-DALE BB1

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-bar View Post
    great looking build! I'm having a really hard time not replacing my Mamasita with the El Mar Ti.
    Thank you. I still have some fiddling to do with the stem and maybe the bars, but I need to do a little more riding before deciding on that. I personally think the Ti frame would be nicer than the Al one, so long as you can find one...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    1-bar, I was in your position, then I took the plunge and never have I been so happy the Elmar maybe isn't quite as light, but it makes up for it in sheer awesomeness. That said I really did like the Mama and have struggled so far to let it go (to my wife's dismay).

mtbr member

~6 hours of dirt roads with some single track and pavement mixed in. I'm still really liking this bike. I just have to get more accustomed to 2x10 as I occasionally find myself cross-chaining (little-little) accidentally and wonder what the odd rubbing noise is...

Over the Hill
    nice mud.....