mtbr member
    Sep 2007

2013 El Mar color availability

Does anyone know if the El Mar will be available as a frame only in colors other than the black/green shown on the Salsa website on the "frame only" page? I'm assuming not, but I really like the orange limited edition SS (which my LBS already told me not to expect as a frameset), and the red on the El Mar 3. In years past, there have also been rigid forks available in the colors of complete bikes, but last I checked (just now) none of the '13 colors are showing as available on the Grande fork.

Birthday Collector
    Black with Green, or Ti are the only "frameset only" options this year - unless something changes... The Red would have been a nice frame only option in my opinion - but it didn't (hasn't?) happened. The El Mar frames disappeared so fast this year it was unbelievable!
    R.I.P. Corky 10/97-4/09
    Disclaimer: I sell and repair bikes for a living
    http://www.endlesscyclesonline.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I guess they've disappeared cos they're good. I'm got a Ti, but I had a quick ride on a steel (with alternator dropouts) belonging to another DRR club member and was very impressed with the ride & feel. I prefer the classic skinny tube look and some of those previous paintjobs like the 20th anniversary El-Mar.

Birthday Collector
    Disappeared is the word - we are almost already sold out of the 2013 El Mar frames, and just got them in on Friday. Damn!
    R.I.P. Corky 10/97-4/09
    Disclaimer: I sell and repair bikes for a living
    http://www.endlesscyclesonline.com