Proud lame eBiker

Who else can't wait for the Altitudes?!

Have a 750MSL on order. So can't wait to get that thing and get her dirty!

It's been a while since I've been this excited to throw a leg over a new ride. Just seems like the numbers all add up to what should be an incredibly versatile bike.

Now, time to hurry up and wait.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who else can't wait for the Altitudes?!-rocky-mountain-altitude-750-msl.jpg  

www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

orthonormal
    I have a 790 msl on order with Cyclepath in Truckee. Looking forward to a February combined ski/pick up my new bike trip.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Yeah. Can't wait. My bike shops gonna let me know when one comes in for demo. Rode a 650 ibis HD last weekend and it was unbelievable. So can't wait to compare. Would rather have a designed 650 then one that fits 650 wheels. Anyone know what the bottom bracket height is on the altitude?

Climbs = necessary evil
    It's definitely piqued my interest! Been demoing 29-ers this year but didn't find one that just blew me away yet. Hopefully I can demo one of these this winter or early spring make a move on one if they live up to the hype. The Ride 9 idea looks like a great concept to fit the bike to the customer if it actually works.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I've definitely got my eye on a 770 MSL...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    That grey/white frame looks great. I had the chance to demo the Altitude at the last RM demo of the season and I really enjoyed the 650 wheel sz. For those looking for a new bike the 650 is worth a try.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Yeah! Waiting for the steel version.

Keep on Rockin...
    Looks very well thought out and is in the running with the RIP carbon for my next bike. Probably not till 2014 though.
    Last edited by Miker J; 10-31-2012 at 04:23 AM.

mtbr member
    I've got my 790 frame on order.

Haven't decided on fork and wheels yet though. I hope to see more 650B specific choices over the next few months!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I have been abusing my 2010 Altitude..and i have been loving it as well. I tried a 29er and it felt too sluggish for my taste, but this new Altitude 650b might be something worth looking into..especially if it is an improvement over my current Altitude RSL 70!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Yeah. I've been on a tallboy. Not bad. Then road the ibis HD with the 650b 34mm 160 fork and it was great. Really liked the 650. But also the HD is an amazing bike to begin with.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I ordered a 750 aluminum last week, can't wait for February to roll around, it comes with slx rapid fire spec shifters,slx e mount front deraileur, and a shimano xt rear deraileur. Am I going to have reliability issues with this setup? I run sram x-9 stuff on my other bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse101 View Post
    I have been abusing my 2010 Altitude..and i have been loving it as well. I tried a 29er and it felt too sluggish for my taste, but this new Altitude 650b might be something worth looking into..especially if it is an improvement over my current Altitude RSL 70!
    I have been loving my RSL, the terrain I ride is typical southern New England rooty rocky tight and twisty. No mountains to speak of, so I am wondering if I will get any benefit out of upgrading to the new 650 version. Sure, it will roll at bit better over the chunky stuff, but I don't need the extra suspension.

Maybe the new FOX platform is worth it though, allowing me to stiffen things up/make it a more efficient pedaler when in more XC situations.

Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I wish the 750 had the remote lockouts for the shock. Wonder why they didn't include that? Is it that much of a price increase to have the remote?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Any idea on the weights of the bikes? I might have to look into the 750 MLS.
    don't sweat the petty things, and pet the sweaty things

orthonormal
    Quote Originally Posted by rekibtm View Post
    Any idea on the weights of the bikes? I might have to look into the 750 MLS.
    skidad posted weights for the 790 MSL and 770 MSL in another thread. 27.25 lbs. for the 790 and 28.75 for the 770. I'm guessing those weights are without pedals since the bikes don't come with them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by andy f View Post
    ...weights for the 790 MSL...27.25 lbs...I'm guessing those weights are without pedals since the bikes don't come with them.
    Sooo, with pedals it's a 650b bike that weighs 27.5 pounds? That's a coincidence!

orthonormal
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    Sooo, with pedals it's a 650b bike that weighs 27.5 pounds? That's a coincidence!
    Most pedals are in the 3/4-1 lb. range per pair.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman012 View Post
    I have been loving my (Altitude RSL, the terrain I ride is typical southern New England rooty rocky tight and twisty. No mountains to speak of, so I am wondering if I will get any benefit out of upgrading to the new 650 version. Sure, it will roll at bit better over the chunky stuff, but I don't need the extra suspension.

Maybe the new FOX platform is worth it though, allowing me to stiffen things up/make it a more efficient pedaler when in more XC situations.

Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Thanks.
    thought I'd give another go ...