mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Where there any changes to 2013 RM Element 70 MSL's?

Looking at buying either a RM Element MSL or a Yeti ASR-5.
    I can't find if there where any changes from 2012 to 2013 on the Element 50&70MSL?

I'm 5'9.5" w/ a 29.25 inseam and scoping out mediums.
    My riding will be in North Carolina... Roots, Fireroads, and hopefully some home built wood toys.

How is the carbon on the RM's holding up? If there's a warranty issue, where are the bikes breaking?

ups and downs
    The big change happened between the 2011/12 models with internal cable routing, no significant changes to the 2013 models

The only thing you have to keep an eye on with the Element MSL/RSL is the wear of the ABC bushings. If you ride in an area with very abrasive soil and the o-rings around the bushings are not well sealed, they can wear through the Igus bushing and begin to wear the carbon swing link. That gets really expensive to fix.

When I pulled my MSL 70 suspension apart after 2 riding seasons they were in perfect shape after maybe 3500-4000km, but other people have burned through the ABC bushings in a few months. So you just need to check for wear/slop in the suspension on a regular basis and get it dealt with as soon as there is any play. .
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada