Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

very poor customer service in UK

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  mmatrix 
#1 ·
I am trying to size a rocky mountain Vertex 990.
am either a size 15.5 or 17.

Rang the head office of evan cycles to try and find a store that i could view one of these bikes.
Very unhelpful.
Then after phoning a number of their stores they want to charge me 50 quid to view a bike.
Told them i was happy to go to a store to view one just tell me which store they are in.

NO sir U don't understand you NEED TO PAY MONEY JUST TOO LOOK AT A BIKE. company policy.

are there any other shops in the UK that stock Rocky Mountain bikes? A 990 is a very big purchase and if they want to charge me 50 quid just to sell me the bike how much are they going to charge when something goes wrong.

#2 ·
It's a massive shame, I have always loved RMB but the availability in the UK has always put me off buying one. I won't pay just to look or test ride a bike either. Good luck on your search, I am sure that if you can find one from a good dealer it'll be worth it :)

#3 ·
happy to pay for demo

i would be more than happy to pay money for a demo and a ride but 50 quid just to look at a bike is outrageous .

their attitude was they are doing me a favour allowing me to view the bike by only charging 50 quid , very strange

#4 ·
For the difference in price between the UK and Canada you could almost cover the cost of a trip to Canada, buy the bike and take it home with you. You could take a trip to Quebec City for the World Cup, maybe test ride a bike at Mont Sainte Anne and buy one there. It looks like the UK retail on the Vertex 990 RSL is £4300 which is about $6900 CDN. The Canadian retail is around $5700.

#7 ·
The Evans store in Brighton has a 990 and 970, one hanging up and one on the floor. I’m pretty sure at least one of them was a medium and doubt they sold in the last 3 days having been there for a while.

I assume that charge for getting the bike out and building it would be taken off the price if you bought it. Also 11% off that model at the moment.

#9 ·
railways

The Evans store in Brighton has a 990 and 970, one hanging up and one on the floor. I'm pretty sure at least one of them was a medium and doubt they sold in the last 3 days having been there for a while.

I assume that charge for getting the bike out and building it would be taken off the price if you bought it. Also 11% off that model at the moment.
thanks for the info. all i wanted to find out from the head office and a few of their stores was were i could view one and it was like dealing with the railways . thank you very much for doing their job. I really don't want to deal with that company now because if they treat you like that when you want to buy something imagine their service if you ever needed to claim a faulty part or warranty . now looking at another brand.

thanks again. for the info

#8 ·
The web site sort of suggests its a refundable charge with this non sentence: "Each bike requires a £50 fully refundable to order it into the store."

I can sort of see their reasoning, I am surethey have had people request a demo bike be sent to a store and then never show up to actually check it out.

Any UK folks seen any element 29ers in store? Would quite like to check one for size and would rather not have to go to the hassle of getting one sent to a shop specially.
h

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.