mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Vertex sizing and other ?

I have a chance to get a new 2012 990 RSL for a great price, What size do you guys ride and what is your height and inseam?

I am 6'2" with a 35.5" inseam and it looks like bike I need the 20" size as I like a effective top tube length ( or virtual) of 640.

Also wanted to know if anyone was using this bike for endurance XC and thoughts on it.

For the price and setup I am looking at almost 3K less than similar 2013 bikes

Thanks,

aka Gumbo
    Apr 2006
    grendalfly - a "Vertex" search in this forum will turn up some earlier threads with some sizing information. I am short (5' 7" with a 30" inseam) and am on a medium frame and it seems to fit fine.

I am going to do a 50 mile race in two weeks and then a 12 hour endurance event two weeks after that. These will be my first endurance events, although not nearly as long as many other events. I have gone out for 50 mtb miles on the Vertex once and done several 25 to 35 mile rides and the Vertex has been great on those.

I bought a new ligher wheel set to replace the stock set on the 970 RSL when racing and I am running tubeless so the low tire pressures help ease the ride.