mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Switch 1.0 questions

I recently purchased a RM Switch 1.0 and I'm having a hard time finding info on the front forks. For some reason most info or even pictures show it with a different fork. The forks on my bike are a triple clamp style, stock said the seller. I am getting ready to go to Bryce Mtn and need some ideas on pressures to start with. Bomber, but look a lot longer than the pics I've seen. any help would be great! The reviews I've read say that the Switch is a really good bike for a newer rider like me, fits very well and feels good on the trails even though I usually ride my cross country bike mostly.

ups and downs
    2006 Switch 1.0 came with a triple clamp Marzocchi Drop Off

2007 Switch 1.0 came with a triple clamp Marzocchi Super T or single crown Marzocchi 66 RV

Name:  06-switch1.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  28.9 KB

Name:  07-switch-1.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  38.0 KB
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hey thanks! Definitely an '07 with the Super T then, I was sure it was an '07 now you have confirmed it. Do you know a good pressure to start with, I'm about 180ish with gear on. I pulled the caps and both sides have air valves, I've heard they are harder to get set up then the ones with only one on one leg, any idea on where to start with the pressure as a base. I want to get it ready and ride it once before heading out to my trip to Bryce. I really like the bike and seems to ride well, I want to get the suspension setup and adjust it as I ride, sure it will need some fine tuning when I get to riding down hill. Thanks again for your help!

ups and downs
    The Super T is a coil fork with air preload.

Here's the chart from the 2007 Marzocchi tech support page.

For a rider weight of 0-110kg (or 0-242 pounds), the range of air pressure is only 0-14.5 PSI (0-1 Bar), so you don't need much air pressure to fine tune them. Depending on your weight, you may want to find different coil springs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Switch 1.0 questions-07-super-t-preload.jpg  

I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Dude, you are the man, thanks now I can set them. I will start out at 5 psi and try that and go from there. Thanks for the help and time pulling up the chart. I can adjust pressures and rebound for the next ride and get it close before my trip. You were right, it's the Super T rv fork.