Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rocky Mountian Slayer Bottom Bracket Options

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  gambier82 
#1 ·
I have just a acquired a used 2007 or 2008 slayer sxc frame and rear shock. I am coming a mid level xc bike and am hoping as many parts will transfer over from my old bike as possible. The bottom bracket fits, but from what I've been told, the spindle is too long (it is 113mm and the LBS said that a 110mm or 108mm will work). I have an issue where the front derailleur will not extend the big sprocket.

Can anyone give me some leads as to what I'm looking for in terms of a crankset/bb combo that will work in this bike?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
113mm is a pretty standard ISIS crank spindle length for the Slayer running a Race Face Deus crankset. What crankset are you moving over?

How many spacers do you have on the drive side of the bottom bracket?

Is the issue with the front derailleur that it can't extend far enough to reach the big ring? Is the H limit screw backed out as far as it goes?

Clearance between the swingarm and the front derailleur is a challenge on the SXC, not all front derailleurs fit well. What front derailleur do you have?

#3 ·
113mm is a pretty standard ISIS crank spindle length for the Slayer running a Race Face Deus crankset. What crankset are you moving over?

How many spacers do you have on the drive side of the bottom bracket?

Is the issue with the front derailleur that it can't extend far enough to reach the big ring? Is the H limit screw backed out as far as it goes?

Clearance between the swingarm and the front derailleur is a challenge on the SXC, not all front derailleurs fit well. What front derailleur do you have?
The crankset is a Truvativ powerspline. The bottom bracket currently is a 113/68 Truvativ and it says "No Spacers" on it.

The LBS tried to tinker with the FD H adjustment but could not get it to extend far enough. The current derailleur is a Shimano XT.

Will this fit? Race Face

The reason being is that I found a good deal on this crank set with BB locally and I wouldn't mind making it a bit beefier.

Thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.