mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Rocky Mountain Vertex 50 RSL

I am hoping someone can offer some advice on what I should do. I have posted before but having had a little bit of time on the bike I am a bit concerned.

I brought this bike in Jan this year but unfortunately have been out of the country since I purchased it and have had no quality time to get out on the trails. After I purchased the bike I never noticed but I have always felt abit cramped on it and I am 5ft 9 and it is medium frame, but as I was out of the country I could not do much about it. However, I went out on the bike this weekend and really sufferred with my hands and wrists, I feel like all my weight is forward. Never had this on any other bike.

Having paid alot of money for the bike I ofcourse just want things perfect. I feel like I am lumbered with a bike I am never truely going to be happy with.

Someone mentioned before about flipping the stem previously, is this really the best option or would a setback seatpost help ?

Any advice greatly appreciated !!!

Last resort.......ebay !

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    At 5'9", the medium should be the right size for you, so I would definitely recommend raising your handlebars to get some of the weight off your hands before you ditch your bike. If you're out of headset spacers, try a different stem with more rise, or a riser bar. A riser bar will often make any bike feel better. Even just a centimeter up can make a big difference to the ride of the bike. Good luck!

ups and downs
    5'-9" should be right in the sweet spot for fit on a medium frame.

Why not post a side shot of how you have the spacers and stem setup now. Is this the first time you've been on any bike this year? Do you still have your previous bike to compare the cockpit setup (bar height, seat nose to bar dimension, seat nose to BB centre alignment).
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada