"scared shitless"

RM "white" on SXC Canuck?

I'd like to paint my fox 36 in the same white that's been used for my Slayer SXC Canuck frame, but I just can't find any information on the exact color (RAL) RM used. I hope someone here (rockyuphill? ) can help me out...

ups and downs
    The SXC is powder coated, as far as I know it's just plain white powder coat. So if you're doing a wet paint on the fork, an un-tinted pure white will likely be pretty darn close. I compared the wet paint white on the Vertex Team and the powder coat white on the SXC and can't see any variation in tint.

The interesting thing is that Fox has a part number for 36 lowers in white

820-00-133-KIT 08 Lower Leg, 36, Fox White
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

"scared shitless"
    thanks! do you think that the typical 'fox-white' fits the RM-white? that'd be great because the austrian fox-distributor will paint my fork, guess they should know the color...

ups and downs
    Fox white is that same refrigerator porcelain white that the newer F-series forks are painted, that's a good match to the white of the Elements and Vertex frames. Since it is separated by the red field on the Canuck frame, even if it had a small variant in brightness, it wouldn't be obvious.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I am in the same boat. I got a ETSX Team frame as a crash replacement and would like to paint my Talas to match. Any idea of a Canadian company that would powder coat it, and will they do the Crown?

ups and downs
    Dekerf can do wet paint on forks, but re-powder coating forks can be tricky as the prep of the crown and lowers means they need to stripped without damaging them.

If your bike shop tears the fork down to the crown/steerer and the lowers, just about any auto body shop could prep and spay them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    That is a good idea, Fox has a pretty good video on how to take it apart. I'll just get my LBS to order me decals, and then send it to Push for re-assembly. I will post snaps when it is done.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Finally finished. I have not got too many rides in yet as there is still snow in the woods.

ups and downs
    That looks nicely integrated. Now all you need are Fox decals in red/white instead of blue and grey. What did it cost to get the fork lowers and crown painted?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    $140.00 at Dekerf, I note their prices have gone up since.

ups and downs
    Yoiks, they have indeed, my carbon Vertex custom paint would have been about $170 more as they bumped the carbon frame upcharge up too.