mtbr member
    Aug 2012

RM Reaper I, Deal or no Deal?

sorry for the bad tv show reference but jenson USA currently has Reaper Is for $399 however i cnat find any real information (there was another thread with the same question but there was no real info on it) im wondering if this is a good bike, seems good but a little weary because RM only made it for 2 years then dropped it, plus jenson has it listed as a dirt jumper. if anyone has one, had one, or knows someone who has one just put in your two cents.

thanks for all your help,

(P.S. im not trying to turn this into a "tell me which bike i should buy" thread but suggestions are always welcome)

ups and downs
    They did make them in 2009, 2010 and 2011. They were billed as an All Mountain hardtail, with a 120-130mm fork, they weren't quite as beefy as the Flow which was an Urban/DJ bike

Bikes | Mountain | All Mountain Hardtail | REAPER I

It was quite a budget spec so $399 is an OK price.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks rockyuphill i did go on RMs website and check it out, i was kinda wondering if anyone even has one, thats kinda whats worying me, seems like no one boought one and jenson cant get rid of them (i realize its an older bike but still) thanks for helping this newbie

mtbr member
    One of the reasons it's kind of underground is that it was never offered in the US. Was only a canadian bike back then...
    Product Manager
    RMB
    Main Rides: 14 Proto - 13 Element RSL 29 - 13 Altitude MSL - 13 Prestige RSL

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Really? Was it not sold in the us in any of the three years it was in production then came over after it went out of production/ why only canada
    Its nice to see a RM employee weighing in
    Thanks

Rocking on a Rocky
    Can't knock half price.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    True that joey^ im gunna go for it i think, ill post my satisfaction level for future reference