Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

RM Instinct MSL - could replace 2 bikes?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rodeoj 
#1 ·
I got excited when I read the first reviews of the Instinct MSL last week.

I currently have two main bikes I alternate between - an RM 2012 Element 970 (Alloy) which weighs in around 27lb and a SC Blur LTc with XX1 weighing in at around 28lb. I love both bikes.

I ride a mix of rocky technical trails (Blur LTc) and the occasional 60 mile marathon race, and a 24hr race once a year (Element 970).

I am thinking that the new Instinct MSL built up with SRAM XX1 could replace both these bikes, if built up with XX1 and being able to use the Ride9 chip.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

Thanks
Chris.

#2 ·
The MSL is certainly aimed at that enduro quiver combo. If you're already used to an Element 970 you'd find an Instinct an easy transition, with the longer travel shock, the Instinct has much more trail bike plushness in the Trail mode of the CTD shock, and with the Ride9 you could tune it to suit.

I'm already trying to decide if I will flip my alloy Instinct 970 complete or buy a Instinct 999 MSL frame and move some of the build kit over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.