mtbr member
    Apr 2006

the righ seat tube for the RM sxc70 team....

Hi i'd like to move the height of my saddle from the handle bar....
    which is the best solution for my rocky mountain slayer???
    i'm triyng to find the best position on the saddle not only for going down but also to climb....thanks a lot for any help...
    bye bye
    Last edited by titopresi; 05-25-2013 at 02:21 AM. Reason: add

ups and downs
    Likely the Fox DOSS post or the Thomson Elite Dropper will be the best, but the Rock Shox Reverb will be the most popular in use. You could use the Reverb Stealth with bottom hose entry since the bottom of the SXC seat tube is open.

Just a reminder that the dropper posts don't have any significant saddle mount setback, if you are using a fixed seatpost with much setback now, you will be challenged to find a dropper post that will allow you to put your saddle in the usual front/back location.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I m still finding the right position of The saddle....i own three bikes....Two front and one full, i have no problem with The Two xc front ...but for The sxc70 ....it' hard to find The right position....
    Ciao

ups and downs
    The challenge with the SXC is the seat tube angle, it changes the HTT length substantially as you lower the saddle height.

Quote Originally Posted by titopresi View Post
    I m still finding the right position of The saddle....i own three bikes....Two front and one full, i have no problem with The Two xc front ...but for The sxc70 ....it' hard to find The right position....
    Ciao
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails the righ seat tube for the RM sxc70 team....-sxc-seatpost.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I've thought to change stem but i dont think could be better....non It s 70mm maybe more is better?

ups and downs
    70mm is about right for descending, but something like a 90mm would make it a bit easier for climbing. Maybe 80mm would balance the AM riding with equal up and down.

I've thought to change stem but i dont think could be better....non It s 70mm maybe more is better?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Yes.....but....

Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    70mm is about right for descending, but something like a 90mm would make it a bit easier for climbing. Maybe 80mm would balance the AM riding with equal up and down.
    Yes, i could make a test changing The stem....but Why in The set-up Bike Rocky Mountain puts stem of 15-20mm?
    For my Bike i've putted The same lennght and angle....as brand new and assembled by Rm....(i ve bought only The frame and i' ve built it up in my garage...)
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    And Just now...after my training with The xc....i ve moved the saddle about 10mmm...far from The handle bar....i Wil try soon The geometry...

ups and downs
    In 2009 the SXC 70 was equipped with Easton Havoc 31.8 x 10 stem in lengths of 50-65-80mm. The SXC 50 was shipped with Race Face Evolve AM 31.8 x 8 stem in lengths of 50-70-90mm, and the SXC 30 was shipped with RMB flip-flop alloy 31.8mm x 6 stem in lengths of 70-80-90mm.

So the original equipment was generally based on bike size.

Yes, i could make a test changing The stem....but Why in The set-up Bike Rocky Mountain puts stem of 15-20mm?
    For my Bike i've putted The same lennght and angle....as brand new and assembled by Rm....(i ve bought only The frame and i' ve built it up in my garage...)
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I,ve install a race face set, stem, Seattube, handlebar....The stem is 70mm and The Bike Size is 18....of you look yo my profilo u can see The Bike
    Ciao