Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rear DT swiss 370 busted

7K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Wanny 
#1 ·
I need a bit of help here and I don't know where to post about it since I don't know if Rocky can help or not with hub spare parts?...

One pawl snapped in two this morning

And there's quite a lot of damage in the freehub dents

So I would need a new pair of pawls, a new freehub and a spring while we're at it. The problem is : where do I get those parts? It is a DT Swiss 370 135mm Disk brake HUB used in rear wheels for Altitude RSL 2011. I found one site that would sell spare parts but it's in Germany or something... Basically it seems hard to find spare parts for this particular hub... I'm tight on money for a whole new hub so not an option.

Is RMB able to help me on this one?

EDIT : I need these btw

See less See more
#2 ·
That hub is the same as the Onyx and yes, those are the parts you need. I know, I've busted a few of them. Somewhat easy to repair but a pain when they leave you on a trail somewhere, coasting back to the car.

Try Jenson for some of the parts. I have seen the parts there. Links:

DT Swiss Onyx Pawls > Components > Wheel Goods > Hub Small Parts | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
DT Swiss Onyx Retainer Holder > Components > Wheel Goods > Hub Small Parts | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

For whatever reason, they don't list the outer shell as available but it is on ebay for about $50 DT/Onyx Steel Freehub Body on eBay!

You might try calling Jenson and asking if they have the shell and could set you up with one order and shipment.

One other idea is to ask your shop if they will contact DT Swiss in the USA and see if they will warranty the parts for you. If you have had the bike for about a year, they may just send you what you need, no cost. Worth a shot first.

#5 ·
Alright then... case closed.

Just so you know, in under 5 months of riding, I managed this :

-Hub bearings busted
-Freehub bearing busted
-Raceface 32t cogring busted
-CSU assembly on fork busted
-Rear Arch rim not enough...
And now ratchet system busted...

Oh well. One day it'll be fine right? Guess what? Reverb 2012 survived lol :D

#6 ·
Uh, likely no, it will never be fine :D. Always stuff to break. This is why multiple bikes are necessary for me. I have a rigid ss that is rarely broke, simple to maintain, and is a fun way to ride and train. A 1 X 9 ht is for most of my riding and is still kind of simple to maintain and my fs get ridden the least but I save it for the longer stuff and when I want to point it down hill and send it. Oh, I recently bought a cross bike for racing this Fall and for commuting so I have one more way to train, compete and be on a bike.

I also find I have to go with at least Flows when I upgrade hoops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.