Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your RM shots

343K views 1K replies 400 participants last post by  muerte1 
#1 ·
Can't find the old pic thread - seems to have been lost somehow (search function couldnt find it either, so unless I'm looking for the wrong thing, its gone - also, listing the board by most replies doesnt show it either, and since I remember there being alot of replies, it looks like its gone).

So - lets see them!
Setup shots, action pics - everything :D

Mine (with me in the background) - havent got a "sat at home" pic right now to use, so this will have to do)

Frame: ETSX-30 2007
Fork: 32Talas
Wheelset: Mavic Xmax enduro.
Tires: Nokian Gazzaloddi G front, Nokian Gazzaloddi Dual rear (both heavy but grip is superb).
Bars: Controltech Scandium Lowrise
Stem: Sunline v1 AM
Grips: Raceface/ODI lockon
Brakes: Hayes HFX9-HD
Shifters: Shimano XT
Mechs: XT shadow rear, LX front
Chain: KMC x9 ti-ni
Crank: Raceface rideXC
Seatpost: Thompson inline
Saddle: wtb pure

Just one more pic (from last tuesdays ride, like the one above is), just because I love the pic.

See less See more
#2 ·
Ah, the black run at Llandegla Mr EnglishT, nice1, it's my local trail centre.

Here's one of me at Glentress last week, not bad for a fat 42yo!

if you look really closely you'll see that I have lost the back suspension pivot bolt!!! luckily the inner bolt stayed put...only noticed when we got back to the carpark and judging by earlier photo's it was like that all day!
Could of been really nasty (bike is only 2 mths old so when I get the replacement bolt, I will be putting threadlock on all the pivots)

#6 ·
Guess we have to rebuild. . .this was one of the first shot of my bike in 2004. From my local ride in the hills above Glendale, CA with downtown Los Angeles in the distance. I am over on the right coast now and riding here is all xc, plunking around in the woods. The second picture was taken recently before I lowered the seat a bit and tried out a set of CD Acid 2s.

#11 ·
I must say R.U - I love the paintjob on that one. Even though I'm no fan of carbon (refuse to ride it), I have to admit that its beautiful.

I love the way that even the "custom paint" sticker has been carefully done - the font matches the one RM uses, classy

#20 ·

That's a few months ago from the cccx dh in salinas, ca.

Bike is pretty much the same right now, save a difference rear wheel/brake setup because of a recent collision with a Norco Bulldozer...

Oh and I pitched the front mech and went single.

Oh and I modified an old deore rear mech to be ultra-short caged to give the chain a fighting chance of staying on.

Oh and I wrecked the cheapie bb finally (lasted a year!) so theres a supposedly stronger one in there as of last week.

I do all my own work and have had the bike since it was new way back in 2000. It's a little whippy by todays standards but imo the lateral flex does not really affect handling. Just a sweet bike and I can tell it was made with love.