Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your RM shots

343K views 1K replies 400 participants last post by  muerte1 
#1 ·
Can't find the old pic thread - seems to have been lost somehow (search function couldnt find it either, so unless I'm looking for the wrong thing, its gone - also, listing the board by most replies doesnt show it either, and since I remember there being alot of replies, it looks like its gone).

So - lets see them!
Setup shots, action pics - everything :D

Mine (with me in the background) - havent got a "sat at home" pic right now to use, so this will have to do)

Frame: ETSX-30 2007
Fork: 32Talas
Wheelset: Mavic Xmax enduro.
Tires: Nokian Gazzaloddi G front, Nokian Gazzaloddi Dual rear (both heavy but grip is superb).
Bars: Controltech Scandium Lowrise
Stem: Sunline v1 AM
Grips: Raceface/ODI lockon
Brakes: Hayes HFX9-HD
Shifters: Shimano XT
Mechs: XT shadow rear, LX front
Chain: KMC x9 ti-ni
Crank: Raceface rideXC
Seatpost: Thompson inline
Saddle: wtb pure

Just one more pic (from last tuesdays ride, like the one above is), just because I love the pic.

See less See more
#868 ·
My old slightly used 2010 Rocky Mountain Altitude 70rsl

It is doing well. I have not outgrown it yet. However, I finally beat the old rims into submission. Breaking nipples or spokes every outing, and flats. So, just put out for new tubeless setup. Stans arch rims, Hope hubs,Ikon tires, Shimano Ice rotors. Other changes: race face 785mm SixC carbon bars, 50mm Atlas stem, some new blue cables for the wide bars, pd-m647 clips. Still has the original Shelter protection tape I put on when bought the bike, the frame has not cracked, so I guess it gets a thumbs up. Last is a 9point8 dropper post. I should add the weight, 30lbs even. Bicycle part Bicycle frame Bicycle accessory Bicycle handlebar Bicycle
Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel
Bicycle part Mode of transport Bicycle handlebar Bicycle Bicycle accessory

#875 ·
Man don't get me started with those last LB rims! Rear rim broke after a few weeks using a plastic tire lever with gentle force (I am guessing it had already been compromised?) and the front broke 2 weeks later riding some smooth trails in Santa Cruz. I am convinced I got a faulty batch. I have another pair of 26" on my other bike that I have been just abusing for over 2 years including taking them to bike parks, gnarly rocky trails, etc.

The worst part is that LB at 1st said they would warranty the rear wheel (before the front one broke) and to send everything back and they would build be a new one, then they changed their mind and said they would not - I never got my Hope hubs or spokes back and now they just won't return my emails - unfortunately they are dishonest and unreliable and I will never deal with them again - almost $1000 down the drain and there is nothing I can do about it

Fortunately I have connections and got a screaming deal on those ENVEs

#878 ·
Scandium Vertex Team back on the trail

Because I had all the bits sitting around, I reassembled my scandium Vertex Team this fall and threw it in the car for a bit of road tripping in September. First time riding something that wasn't carbon for about a year. I was happy for the 2.4" X-Kings.

Attachments