Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your RM shots

343K views 1K replies 400 participants last post by  muerte1 
#1 ·
Can't find the old pic thread - seems to have been lost somehow (search function couldnt find it either, so unless I'm looking for the wrong thing, its gone - also, listing the board by most replies doesnt show it either, and since I remember there being alot of replies, it looks like its gone).

So - lets see them!
Setup shots, action pics - everything :D

Mine (with me in the background) - havent got a "sat at home" pic right now to use, so this will have to do)

Frame: ETSX-30 2007
Fork: 32Talas
Wheelset: Mavic Xmax enduro.
Tires: Nokian Gazzaloddi G front, Nokian Gazzaloddi Dual rear (both heavy but grip is superb).
Bars: Controltech Scandium Lowrise
Stem: Sunline v1 AM
Grips: Raceface/ODI lockon
Brakes: Hayes HFX9-HD
Shifters: Shimano XT
Mechs: XT shadow rear, LX front
Chain: KMC x9 ti-ni
Crank: Raceface rideXC
Seatpost: Thompson inline
Saddle: wtb pure

Just one more pic (from last tuesdays ride, like the one above is), just because I love the pic.

See less See more
#914 ·
So, it snowed earlier this week out here. I took that as my cue to start my ride up to the Tram.

Better bike shot:

For reference, this is my:

2014 Rocky Mountain Instinct 950 (++with++)
RockShox Pike RC Fork
KS Lev DX 125mm Post
Maxxis Ardent 2.4 EXO//Ikon 2.35 EXO/3C/TR Tires

#921 ·
I loved my 429c, truly a capable machine. But I wanted more travel, couldn't have a 429 and 6 in the shed together. So needed a do it all and couldn't bring myself to buying a stumpjumper.. Haha.
This thing is lighter than the pivot too.
Nice bike.
Those houses look like those we have in Queensland, Australia.

This is me on my Element RSL at a race this morning. A perfect course for 26" wheels as it was 99% single track with a million switchbacks.

I'm down in nsw. Nice element too

#933 ·
Element with new fox float fork 100mm (with dual remote conversion kit) and fox DOSS dropper post. To answer an earlier question on the the factory float vs the evolution in performance the float is way superior. The float makes this bike more enjoyable to ride. View attachment 962997
I have this same bike. Help me out here, how is this fork different than what comes stock on the 950RSL?

#934 ·
In love with my bike

Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim

now with different wheels (bontrager wheels+tires from trek)
Enduro chain guide
Shorter stem and different seat :cool:

But I have an question - did somebody rotate the SHOCK PLATES?

somewhere i found that if you rotate tham, you are able to insert different rear shock (216/222) instead of 200mm standard

Did somebody have any experience with it?

Thank you a lot