Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Well...I guess I should post a picture of the final build. I have it built with Racing Ralphs on one wheelset and Furious Freds for commuting. XO drive train, XX crank, Crossmax ST wheels, Magura MT-8 brakes, 2013 Fox F100 Terralogic, and Raceface Next SL seatpost bars and Turbine stem. It is wicked light, but haven't weighed it yet. Rides like a freaking rocket.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Blizzard LT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyload View Post
    Well...I guess I should post a picture of the final build. I have it built with Racing Ralphs on one wheelset and Furious Freds for commuting. XO drive train, XX crank, Crossmax ST wheels, Magura MT-8 brakes, 2013 Fox F100 Terralogic, and Raceface Next SL seatpost bars and Turbine stem. It is wicked light, but haven't weighed it yet. Rides like a freaking rocket.
    Very hot man. I even love the Ergons and the Atac pedals.

mtbr member

2012 Vertex 990

Just under 21 lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your RM shots-img4199-xl.jpg  

Post your RM shots-img4202-xl.jpg  

Post your RM shots-img4218-xl.jpg  

Post your RM shots-img4211-xl.jpg  

Post your RM shots-img4203-xl.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Slightly modified 2012 Alloy Element 50

Upgraded the wheels, Thru axle front fork, centerlocks, blacked out post and stem, sick Odis.
    Too bad it creaks like a som'bich cause it actually looks like a 3k+ bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your RM shots-element-50.jpg  

ups and downs
    Had the Element out in its element today... dirt and wood and rocks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your RM shots-2012_0929new0011.jpg  

I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

I like bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by cdubb30 View Post
    Upgraded the wheels, Thru axle front fork, centerlocks, blacked out post and stem, sick Odis.
    Too bad it creaks like a som'bich cause it actually looks like a 3k+ bike.
    Take it to the LBS you bought it from (if you do it, it voids warranty) and have them take all the pivot bolts out clean (including shock) and re-grease. Make sure to use lock-tite and torque everything.
    My 2011 Slayer had a bad creaking problem, they did above (but for the shock) and replaced the BB trying to fix it.... I got it home and it started after about 10 mins on a ride.
    I tore it down my self, and found the shock bolts were never greased (from new), scored them up pretty bad. I had to buy new ones myself. Would be a good idea to check all or your pivot points.
    Other than that, my Slayer has been great. I even rode it in a 24hrs of Adrenaline, lol.

BTW, here is my ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

New Element 30

2012-09-29_18-08-52_444 by rmccull4, on Flickr

2012-09-22_18-00-49_376 by rmccull4, on Flickr

Here's my new Element 30. I got a deal on the complete bike as a replacement for my ETSX, which predictably broke at the seat tube. I'm really enjoying it so far. It's quicker through tight singletrack, probably due to the steeper head angle, and seems to accelerate much better. On the ETSX I could sometimes feel a bit of my power getting eaten up by the suspension, especially on the first hard pedal stroke coming out of a corner. I don't think I've lost any speed on the downhills either, despite the head angle and shorter fork. The bike is completely stock so far, apart from switching out the ridiculous 115mm stem for a 100mm stem. The stock Maxxis Ikon tires have been surprisingly good, even in their wire bead variant.

The paint on this bike is gorgeous. It's a shame that photos don't do it justice.

I only have one small complaint so far, which is that I'm getting a bit of ghost shifting with suspension actuation, a few times per ride. I've seen mention of this on another thread, but that was with the carbon Elements, which are routed a bit differently. Any suggestions?

I like bikes
    Awesome bikes everyone. I noticed on this thread, many of the bikes have some mud on them....I think that's what makes them RMB's. Nice.

I wanna ride.

2001 RM Slayer

I've had this since new, unfortunately she gave up the ghost on me this year, but what a great bike it was!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your RM shots-p1030910.jpg  

Last edited by anole; 10-03-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Pictures didn't follow

I wanna ride.
    Sorry about the poor picture quality, I'm trying to load some others, clearer than the last, but the don't wanna go where I want them to!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    This page is full of win, really like the ENVE components, seriously nice touch.

ups and downs
    The last dry ride day for a while, flat overcast grey skies and cool fall temps. 12C. The rain starts over night for the first time in 2.5 months. Can't really complain about that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your RM shots-2012_1011new0004.jpg  

I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Count yourself lucky. This was our Thanksgiving Monday ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your RM shots-p1010318.jpg  

mtbr member
    I promise my next photo is in action......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your RM shots-uploadfromtaptalk1350229960896.jpg  

I like bikes

I wanna ride.
    Hey ghglenn, where is that nifty little play area? I'm in Red Deer, so if it's not too far, it'd be fun to take my kids to! Thanks!

I like bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by anole View Post
    Hey ghglenn, where is that nifty little play area? I'm in Red Deer, so if it's not too far, it'd be fun to take my kids to! Thanks!
    Hey man, that is the Hinton Bike Park. Hinton Mountain Bike Association
    Took the whole family (wife and 7y.o. and 5y.o.). Stayed for a couple days. Was a lot of fun. Had a lot of progressive features for the little guys, up to OMG for us big boys!!! Also had some cool singletrack for everyone.

BTW, I started your (Red Deer's) bike park back in 2002. Saw some vids on PinkBike...wow that place has grown, some cool looking features added to what we built. I think I am too old, and like pain free living too much to do some of those bigger ones, lol.

Back to regularly scheduled programming:

[IMG][/IMG]

What you see is 1/4 of the skills park, It is pretty big.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    My cross country, trail, all mountain, freeride, downhill bike. 34.6lbs in pedal mode, 37lbs in gravity mode
    For DH I have another set of Mavic SX wheels with Maxxis Minion 2.5 DH rubber and I bolt a stinger up to keep the chain from slapping too much... and a shorter seat post with another Pure V saddle.

Last edited by Mike H.; 10-17-2012 at 07:00 PM.
    My bikes, Slayer 70 and Switch 2

mtbr member
    Here is a some shots from this morning. My Friend and I both love the Straight up Geometry, Smooth Link Suspension and That Great Rocky Mountain quality and preformance. Only thing we cant agree on is Wheel size lol ( I'm the 29er)

mtbr member

Element 950

My new 2012 Element 950!

Almost stock with Time Absalon pedals and swapped the Fizik saddle for a WTB Silverado.

Look for a first ride report and back-to-back comparo in another thread shortly.

(Photo quality due to buddy's bb camera)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your RM shots-img-20121019-00380.jpg  

Post your RM shots-img-20121019-00381.jpg  

Post your RM shots-img-20121019-00382.jpg  

Post your RM shots-img-20121019-00383.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Still riding the Slayer SS on Mt Tzuhalem...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your RM shots-jump2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Took my 970 out for a spin, it was awful wet. Managed to get a 100 Km ride in before dark.

Next time in this much mud, I'll leave the Rocket Rons at home, no grip.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Post your RM shots

Hers a few of my Element 50 MSL. Changed the wheelset to WTB i23's with hope hubs and trail kings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your RM shots-rocky-mtn-element-50-msl-009.jpg  

Post your RM shots-rocky-mtn-element-50-msl-003.jpg  

Post your RM shots-rocky-mtn-element-50-msl-005.jpg  

LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Not a very glamorous shot, but it's my RM none the less. It's my SS ride that I enjoy riding more than my other geared bikes.

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast