Clydesdale Warrior

Hope New Year Resolution

Signed up for Test of Metal (testofmetal.com) and Suburban Rush (Suburban RUSH) tonight. An ambitious start to 2013.

My resolution is to take my riding 'to the next level' this year on board my new Altitude.

sh0rty :P

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    .....kudos to you. Training is a given, but for me, there is no better way to raise your game than to race as much as possible. The tougher the competition the better your game will get. Enjoy the fun!

Bill J.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Hoping to get in 125miles a week. It's going to take a road ride or two though...sure would be more fun if my '13 Rocky Mountain would get here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Good for you Shorty,
    I've done it few times- it's an amazing event. I'm a big man but pretty strong and fit, but I underestimated the challenge the first time
    Do the training BUT equally as important is to get your nutrition dialled. The cramps that at least half the riders get are spectacularly bad!!
    It's not called the test for nothing.
    Good luck - i wish I was doing it this year!
    Medz

Clydesdale Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mederz View Post
    Good for you Shorty,
    I've done it few times- it's an amazing event. I'm a big man but pretty strong and fit, but I underestimated the challenge the first time
    Do the training BUT equally as important is to get your nutrition dialled. The cramps that at least half the riders get are spectacularly bad!!
    It's not called the test for nothing.
    Good luck - i wish I was doing it this year!
    Medz

Not my first ToM, have done it 7 times in the past decade, but first suburban rush... Also first time signing up for more than one event in a year. My hope is this early season event will get me training sooner. It is all really about ToM and trying for a personal best finish. :-)

sh0rty :P