Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Fork for ETSX

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Jlar 
#1 ·
Hi all....running the stock Vanilla on my ETSX and looking for a new fork. Upgraded the shock to a RS MC 3.3 and love it. Just need something new and more solid on the front. Considering last years crop of forks for budget purposes. Looking @ Nixon 115-145, Pike 454, or All-Mountain SL. Basically it has to have thru axle(heavy guy @ 200#'s), and variable travel. Anyone care to make any comparisons.

#6 ·
I'm sure a fork such as those listed above are built more for a 6" trailbike than an ETSX. However I am a bigger guy and the fox on the front right now is too squirmy. I'd prefer something with a thru-axle and longer travel, not for hucking off stuff, just for very steep declines.

#7 ·
Fox 36 TALAS. (100, 130, 160mm of travel with 20mm thru-axle). Just a question, what version of Vanilla do you have (R, RLC et.)? I'm 220 lbs and have the same bike with a Fox 32 TALAS RLC and it doesn't feel squishy at all.

Adding a fork with more than 140mm travel might void your frame warranty, best to check into it first.

#9 ·
Vanilla R '04. Its not because its flexing that I'm looking for a new fork, more like I need a higher a-c for steep chutes and variable travel for so I can crank it back down for normal riding and tackle uphills. Fox 36 are nice but a bit too burly and expensive for what I'm looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.