Canadian Invasion

New question here. Needle bearings in Switch.

Needle bearings in switch. I'm pretty sure the 06 switches don't have them....right?

But is it possible to upgrade to needle bearings? I've noticed when browsing the bearing section of Universalcycles.com, some needle bearings say, "fits rocky mountain". I'm curious. I even called rocky, and left a message but no one called back.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Definately an interesting project but I know nothing about this...sorry.

Canadian Invasion
    dang. You'd think some RM tech guy would browse these forums out of sheer interest.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I'd call RM again...they have a few numbers and some don't get you anywhere but an answering machine but they actually answer a few others and from there you can get transfered to someone who might know.

ups and downs
    Universal is selling the Enduro needle bearing kits, your best bet for info would be to contact Enduro about which frames have needle bearings available.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phi.Design
    Needle bearings in switch. I'm pretty sure the 06 switches don't have them....right?

But is it possible to upgrade to needle bearings? I've noticed when browsing the bearing section of Universalcycles.com, some needle bearings say, "fits rocky mountain". I'm curious. I even called rocky, and left a message but no one called back.
    The schematic I have confirms that the 06 Switch doesn't have needle bearings just the regular cartridge style.

Some of Rocky's kits now have both needle and cartridge style bearings