ups and downs

Interesting Crankworx image

Posted on the NSMB Facebook page, viewed at Crankworx Whistler. That looks like an Element TT and it looks like that arrangement would allow some variations in travel or geometry and progressive shock leverage ratio if you can relocate the shock endpoint in 4 directions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interesting Crankworx image-rocky-shock-mount.jpg  

I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

DGB
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    And would also allow for additional clearance on the new CTD shocks, that seem to have clearance issues on existing Element frames.
    It looks like the underside of the top tube has been shaped to allow for additional clearance. Is this different from current alloy Element TTs?

DaFaJa
    Looks like a Cam set up.I would think its just to make room for other shocks vs adjustments in travel, The amount is so small I cant see it making a difference..I might be wrong, Just my .02
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 Carbon/ xx1 / xo type2
    Tampa FL USA

ups and downs
    It looks like it would be enough to accommodate the difference between a 7.5" and 7.875" shock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbinworks View Post
    Looks like a Cam set up.I would think its just to make room for other shocks vs adjustments in travel, The amount is so small I cant see it making a difference..I might be wrong, Just my .02
    If you move the shock 1cm (which seems the amount it will move if you flip the cam) forward on an Element, the rear wheel rises 2.5cm, so i think the impact on geometry is quite large (around 1 degree in the headtube ange and the BB would drop too).

ups and downs
    There are some other long shots showing up from Pinkbike along with mentions of riding Rocky Mountains with strange wheel sizes in Whistler that might indicate this could be a 650B Altitude.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interesting Crankworx image-650b-altitude.jpg  

ups and downs
    And Bike Magazine just posted this. That's a carbon frame with the same feature.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interesting Crankworx image-rocky-shock-mount1.jpg  

livin' large
    you could reposition that pivot in 9 locations! lots of tunability and customization if your into options and fiddling
    it tied the room together man!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Altitude carbon 150 650b, had a look at it at Crankworx, if I hadn't just bought an Element 70 msl it would be worth the wait till next spring

BJF
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

DGB
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Is this the death of 26" wheels from RM in bikes with less travel than 160mm? Personally, I hope not!

Is this new Altitude platform going to be available in 26r format?

ups and downs
    I would bet that there will be no 26" or 29" Altitude, it would cost too much to make them all, and frankly the Element MSL with 120mm travel really did everything the 26" Altitude did with more confidence.

The question really is with a 150mm travel Altitude, what's the real difference between it and a Slayer with 10mm more travel. Does this mean there's a new Slayer coming that is more freeride oriented, and if so, what wheel size? .

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    29 inches suggested a new 29er with the same shock mount would be introduced soon. I expect it will be an element 29 msl. Personally I was really wanting to see an element 650b. We shall see.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

2013 RM bikes

I didn't ask about the Slayer, but yes there is only the 650b Altitude aluminium and carbon, one lonely 26 inch Element, the 70 msl, and the element 29 ers

DGB
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

ups and downs

ups and downs
    and a dedicated widget to show the Ride9 adjustments

Ride 9 || Rocky Mountain Bicycles

note that there is a place to select the bike (Altitude in this case), which would suggest that other bikes will have this feature in 2013.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by c-rider View Post
    I didn't ask about the Slayer, but yes there is only the 650b Altitude aluminium and carbon, one lonely 26 inch Element, the 70 msl, and the element 29 ers
    There is still a full range of 120mm Elements in carbon and aluminum for 2013.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    The Bikerumor article hints at the bottom that it's a 130mm 29er that's next to be announced.

Would be really interesting to ride the Altitude and a RM 130mm 29er back to back.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
    - Arthur C. Clarke

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by seleniak View Post
    The Bikerumor article hints at the bottom that it's a 130mm 29er that's next to be announced.

Would be really interesting to ride the Altitude and a RM 130mm 29er back to back.
    On the ride9.bikes.com app/site, you can see the "Instinct"...