Got Rogued!

How should I... Rare stuff!

So, I've got a new old frame... That I'm particulary proud of! What should I do now? Building a wooden frame to show it off or building the frame as a bike...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How should I... Rare stuff!-dscf0720.jpg  

How should I... Rare stuff!-dscf0722.jpg  

Ellsworth Moment / Ellsworth Rogue / Rocky Mountain Vertex / KHS SS

chips & bier
    How cool is that!?

Got Rogued!
    When I was youg, about 12 or 13 years old, I was raving about high end bikes and frames... My first real mountain bike was a Rocky Mountain Pipeline. I've sold it and so it goes on... I was having regrets...

Last year, someone came with a classified saying he wanted to sell his really rare frame: a RM 2XS. He was saying to me that it was a really small quantity made, first model to introduce a carbon mainframe for Rocky at that time. He wanted a lot... too much for me at that time. We exchanged some emails and BOUMM! No more answer... I thought it was gone.

Lately, I was ckecking the same classifieds and you know what? It was there again, and the price he was asking was like, "peanuts". So I called the guy and the day later, I was buying the frame... Now, how cool is that?! The frame I was looking for reflected an opportunity I could not pass on again. I remember, in 1998 when I saw a jaw dropping bike (the 2XS) in the RM catalog that ignited me... That was like: Wowwwww, I could never afford this kind of bike... To have found this is like a major goal done in my life... Perhaps it means nothing to you (no pun here, we all dream of some kind of stuff), but for me, it represents a lot... It was like a dream coming to life!!!

Furthermore, I have I now have a piece of history in my basement. A piece of where it all begun. A piece of achivement...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ellsworth Moment / Ellsworth Rogue / Rocky Mountain Vertex / KHS SS

ups and downs
    I would mount the frame very similar to the way the exhibit frame is mounted in your photo. A URT suspension frame would be best displayed, rather than ridden.

It's evident that it's the aesthetic grandfather of the Ibis Mojo.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

chips & bier
    Yeah, well done on the find! When I went to college at the end of the 90's I was totally crazy about GT stuff (until I bought my first Rocky Mountain ;-)). Every time I see one of those thermoplastic STS iDrive frames go by on Ebay I have an incredible urge to buy it, just for the sake of having it on the wall.....

I wanna ride.
    Hey raceimp!! I totally understand where you're coming from, in terms of looking back at, and preserving a small piece of the sport we enjoy! I have a '90 RM Cirrus that I've owned since new, and I still have it built to zip around the bike paths with my kids. I have a '01 RM Slayer that is toast, which I bought new, and rode until it was done. It's been torn down, and will go up on my garage wall. My wife thinks I am insane, but at least I'm not the only crazy one out there! Awesome bro!!

mtbr member
    Definitely looks like a Mojo....

Hack Racer
    I would ride it!

Find some circa 1994 Campagnolo Record-OR (close enough to period correct) and go have some fun.