chips & bier

How about an RP23 Adaptive Logic shock in my Element MSL?

Fox Suspension Float RP23 Adaptive Logic BV Rear Shock 2012 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

I assume it would fit, from what I get from other threads here. Velocity tune seems to be Fast (at least from the pic). Given that I ride my MSL over a lot of high-speed chatter stuff: this would be a good thing, right?

ups and downs
    Two things: your RP23 shock should already have the Boost Valve (like the RP23 on my MSL), and the RP23 shock pictured at Chain Reaction looks like it has the larger diameter shock assembly at that frame mount end than the OEM shock, it likely won't fit because of the proximity to the frame mounting tabs. It also looks like it has the small volume air canister which would increase the ramp up, so it would be a harsher ride over the chatter.

How about an RP23 Adaptive Logic shock in my Element MSL?-2013_0131new0002.jpg
    How about an RP23 Adaptive Logic shock in my Element MSL?-2013_0131new0001.jpg

edit: let's try a smaller image
    Last edited by rockyuphill; 01-31-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

ups and downs
    Nice, and there's no image displayed, and not even a link to an image. MTBR is sure a PITA since this update.

OK, so any image wider than 640 pixels may or may not ever be displayed. I changed it from a 800x600 to 640x480 and it displayed.

OK, even nuttier if the image is smaller than 640 pixels wide the tumbnail displays but there is no linked image. This Vbuletin update is sure flaky
    Last edited by rockyuphill; 01-31-2013 at 08:04 AM.

chips & bier
    Cheers. Looks like a no go then!

Yeah, this new forum setup sucks. About 50% of my screen is now wasted grey pixels

ups and downs
    Down at the very bottom left there is a drop down menu for fixed/wide, the wide setting will alleviate your grey pixels. Won't fix the tight fit of the shock valve body.

There's two different diameter pieces available for that frame end of the shock, if you order an RP23 specifically for the Element you can get the correct end valve body size, custom valving, the correct air canister and Kashima coating. It just won't be on sale.

chips & bier
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    Down at the very bottom left there is a drop down menu for fixed/wide, the wide setting will alleviate your grey pixels. Won't fix the tight fit of the shock valve body.
    If only everything in life was as simple as two mouseclicks!

I'll have a look at ordering from our local distributor. Still no decision on the Altitude yet, so I may end up racing the rougher stuff on my Element. A pile of Kashima would no doubt be an upgrade then!