Thread: Help me please!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Help me please!

Hi all, I am new to this site and am really needing some help. I just recently traded my 95 GT Tequesta for a full suspension bike. I have a bad back and haven't been able to ride for the last 10 years, so thought a FS bike might alleviate my pain. Anyways, I picked up a used air bomb.com Nukeproof bike. Through much research, I think it is a 2002 Rocky Mountain element frame. I started to set the sag on it and realized I need to go from a 550# spring to an 800# spring. Thats when the trouble started. When I took the shock off I noticed that the mounting reducer was bent. I also stripped out 1 of the M6x16 bolts on the linkage and had to drill it out. So, I have spent 2 days trying to find a mount kit that measures M6 x 58mm. I am pretty sure they don't exist on the planet.LOL. If anyone knows where to look or any other options I might have, your knowledge would be greatly appreciated as I hate to have to put the bent reducer back on.

ups and downs
    The Nukeproof might be a knockoff Element frame but Rocky never would have built OEM bikes for Nukeproof, the Elements were still hand made in Delta BC in 2002.

A photo would be useful but you'll need 10 posts to be able to post photos. If you can post photos on any other website, you could put the URL in your post.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    The Nukeproof might be a knockoff Element frame but Rocky never would have built OEM bikes for Nukeproof, the Elements were still hand made in Delta BC in 2002.

A photo would be useful but you'll need 10 posts to be able to post photos. If you can post photos on any other website, you could put the URL in your post.

Here are some photos

Flickr: kjbaldwin333's Photostream

ups and downs
    Definitely not a Rocky, it's a Nukeproof knockoff. The linkage is not at all like an Element 3D Link. Someone stuck a Rocky decal on the headtube to make the bike look more uptown.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help me please!-fullscreen-capture-15102013-63249-pm.jpg  

Help me please!-elementteamseea1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Wow.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Correct me if I'm wrong but this linkage on a '96 Element looks awfully similar.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ps9bd17fa0.jpg

and this one on a '97

http://www.cannonballtravel.de/Quell...weenies-02.jpg

maybe it's uptown after all.

ups and downs
    Different leverage ratios on those old Elements, the shock attachment point is closer to the centre of the link, the Nukeproof shock attaches about the 1/3 point on the linkage from the frame pivot. It's closer in appearance to the 2001 Slayer linkage which had 120mm of rear travel, but they had the 3D shaping too.

Will Sell Classic SLAYER 19"... by pphil - Pinkbike