Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Fork for 2014 Instinct

9K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Bluenose 
#1 ·
I had a chance to demo the instinct and had a good time with it. Im thinking of building up a frame and would like to put a rockshox pike on the front. What is the consensus on a 140mm vs 150mm fork on this frame. I have heard that the pike has a shorter axle to crown than the fox 34 and so i wondered if a 150 would be ok even though rocky specs the bike with 130-140 fox forks. My concern with a 150 is that the bike might not feel balanced with the 130 out back. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

#7 ·
Thanks....I'm pretty much looking for a BC edition type build with different components so I thought I would just get the frame. It sounds like the pike 140 would be the way to go. I was talking with a buddy and the rocky dealer owner and they both recommend the 150 based on my desired intent. I too thought that doing that may sacrifice the bikes all around capabilities even with a zero stack headset and the stem installed low against the top tube. Thanks for the responses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.