chips & bier

Element MSL: seat mast or seat tube?

Can somebody confirm that the new Element frames have a seat mast design, i.e. only top 3-4" of the tube contact the seatpost? Also, any seatpost bottoms out just below the junction with the top tube, so fully lowering a 410 mm post won't work (luckily I have a dropper post for those situations ).

This might explain the relatively high clamp force a couple of people noted to stop rocking of the seat post, and it would mean I could get away with a shorter version of the post I've recently warrantied....

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Can somebody confirm that the new Element frames have a seat mast design, i.e. only top 3-4" of the tube contact the seatpost? Also, any seatpost bottoms out just below the junction with the top tube, so fully lowering a 410 mm post won't work (luckily I have a dropper post for those situations ).

This might explain the relatively high clamp force a couple of people noted to stop rocking of the seat post, and it would mean I could get away with a shorter version of the post I've recently warrantied....
    Yes, you are correct on all points. My MSL70 is all those things.

ups and downs
    Yep, the maximum amount of seatpost you can get into a 19" frame is 222mm before it hits bottom.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

chips & bier
    This is why I love this forum. Feeds my insanity and calms me down at the same time.

Thanks & happy trails this weekend!

ups and downs
    It's so hard to tell the inmates from the guards here.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

chips & bier
    Hehehe.