mtbr member

Element 950 owners: is your Rev holding neg air?

Set your negative & positive air pressure, let it sit over night and come back next day. What do you see? For me, it's consistent - the +ve is within 10% of the previous day, and the -ve is down ~30%. LBS tried a quick fix of tightening the valve to no avail. I always air my Revelation when its in 120mm travel setting, but have also tried with the 100mm setting and get same result. Anyone having success here?
    NSMBA Member

ups and downs
    My experience with every dual air SID I've ever owned is that no matter where they start, given a couple of days the neg/pos both equalize to the same pressure. The bigger the starting difference between +/- the faster they equalize.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I noticed the same thing and called Rock Shox (got through somehow). They told me that happens because the negative chamber is so small and that it was normal.

I also noticed that the two chambers had a different feel when inflating...one was more difficult when pumping than the other...RS said this was also due to the size of the chambers.

That fork ended up pooping out and now I have a new solo air Revelation.

mtbr member
    Mine sucked down to about 1.5" of travel on a 80klm ride

mtbr member

Revelation & thanks to RMB_PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm won't stress as this sounds like business as usual for RS dual air forks, and instead just remember to my air-up right before each ride. I've been watching the RS maintenance vids on Youtube and am going to try and service these forks on my own. I've been happy with the stiffness & weight of the 100-120mm Revelation with its 20mm axle. I'm not a big knob twitler, so the range of adjustability suits me perfect.

Thanks your RMB_PM for spec'ing this fork and the Monarch! I know this helped keep msrp low and it really didn't represent a downgrade from Fox IMO.

Enjoying the ride!
    NSMBA Member