mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Customer service? hello? Broken slayer 2012 main pivot screw. Anybody there?

While riding and I heard a lot of creaking going on coming from the crank area. Checked and lubed everything and noticed the main pivot cap on the drive side was kid of sticking behind the derailleur. The head to the screw that goes into the main pivot bolt had broken off and was still in the cap, while the rest of the screw is still stuck in the bolt. So I've found the small parts tech manual online and got the part numbers for the screw and the bolt but I can't get a response from RM. I don't have a dealer within 100 miles so I wanted them to mail me the parts but I can't get a hold of anyone. I had the shop I bought the bike new from call and email them on my behalf but they don't get a response either. This seems like it should be warrantied I have had the bike just under a year but I told them that I just want to get the bike rolling again so ill just buy it if it isn't warrantied. Where are they? Is there some Canadian holiday that I don't know about this week?

No known cure
    I had the same problem with all the pivot bolts on my '06 Slayer. I never did hear anything from RM after bugging them for more than five years. I replaced the bolts with Ace Hardware bolts which weighed a ton and left me with a bad taste in my mouth for anything RM. I gifted the frame to a neighbor kid who has the passion for riding, but his family doesn't have the means to get him something capable. It was my fourth and last RM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Customer service? hello? Broken slayer 2012 main pivot screw. Anybody there?-az003.jpg  

Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    Apparently, the guy that is handling the email to info@bikes.com is a bit new and overworked. When I ordered bushings for my Element 970, I also didn't receive any feedback until I PM'ed @RMB-PM2 on these boards. That set everything in motion.

ups and downs
    And a phone call is likely the most effective, at least in North America.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The shop that I bought the bike from called a couple of times and left messages and we've both emailed and I just PM'd so hopefully something happens pretty soon. ive got teo bike trips in the next month that I've been planning for a while. I ordered a screw with the same dimensions and an extractor to get the old screw out from my local fasteners shop but, I really want the right parts. Thanks for the advice.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thanks for the advice on the PM zonoskar. Within an hour or two I had the problem resolved and ill be getting everything I needed and then some sent out from RM on Monday. They really made up for the delay in their initial response. As it stands now I can't say anything bad about their customer service in fact I'd say its great.

I like bikes
    They usually are on the ball, and top notch to deal with. That being said, it was a holiday up here last weekend, and we Canadians aren't afraid to celebrate!
    Maybe the Customer Service guys were all hung-over, lol. Good to hear they are taking care of it.