mtbr member

...Cardiac ID ...

Hey - I was just given an older Cardiac - it was 2nd hand to my buddy & he doesn't really know much about the past history of the bike - he thinks he's had it for about 10 years - the bb is marked CS195 & P96040841 - the labels are 'stickers' not decals & do indicate that it is a 'built in Canada" bike - anyone able to tell when it was made by these #'s - I haven't taken pix yet as it needs a real good cleaning - tks doug

ups and downs
    ...Cardiac ID ...-cardiac96.jpg

...Cardiac ID ...-cardiac97.jpg

...Cardiac ID ...-cardiac98.jpg
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Canuck on this Rock
    Always pulling the pics out of the hat. Niiiiiice. You should scan all the catalogues and put them up, I would love to look at the history.

ups and downs
    Quote Originally Posted by spicoli-ss
    Always pulling the pics out of the hat. Niiiiiice. You should scan all the catalogues and put them up, I would love to look at the history.
    I confess I'm already using the old catalog scans at Retrobike to source these image captures..

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/gal...2_itemId=15373

And I have 2002, and 2003 paper catalogs as well. They aren't really conducive to scanning as they are a fold out. And I cleverly saved most of the basic bike webpages from the 2003-2007 website layouts just before they changed the website in 2008.

mtbr member

...cleaned it up & took some pix...

Hey - I cleaned it up & took some pix - I know that the Cardiac is an entry level bike, but being somewhat of a 'retro-grouch' [don't start], I really like the rigid frame/no fancy stuff aspects of this bike - I've been trying to pry this thing loose from this guy for years - it hung in the corner of his garage & was never used [he went road a couple of years ago].

Anywho, I'm quite happy with it & after a bit of tune, we'll go for a bit of run on the river trails - doug

ups and downs
    That looks like the 1997 Bitter Grape colour.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by spuzbot
    Hey - I cleaned it up & took some pix - I know that the Cardiac is an entry level bike, but being somewhat of a 'retro-grouch' [don't start], I really like the rigid frame/no fancy stuff aspects of this bike - I've been trying to pry this thing loose from this guy for years - it hung in the corner of his garage & was never used [he went road a couple of years ago].
    Anywho, I'm quite happy with it & after a bit of tune, we'll go for a bit of run on the river trails - doug
    That's a fine looking bike. Size 19.5 I would guess, and a decent 15cm head tube so you get a nice riding position. As you say, the Cardiac was the base model, but you've still got a made-in-Canada Tange double-butted frame there. Not the lightest (I would guess 4.8lbs in that large size), but a very good quality frame. No other make had that good a base model, unless you count the Fat Chance Buckshaver, and that's good company to keep.