mtbr member
    Feb 2011

This can't be right

I was trying to figure out who makes the rocky mountain xc light saddle and ran across this, Shop Rocky Mountain Bikes, Rocky Mountain Bikes these prices can't be right. if so I paid about a thou more than I should have

ups and downs
    I think you've discovered the latest iteration of the super cheap online sales scam website where you send them money and they never send you a bike. Just the fact that they offer Specialized bikes online tells you it's a scam, Specialized won't allow online sales of anything, not even tires and gloves.

Two of those contact addresses are in residential apartment buildings and one cannot be found at all. so definitely scammers
    Last edited by rockyuphill; 02-10-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    That makes me feel a little better, Any idea what kind of saddle is coming on the altitude? I need to figure out if its gonna hurt. How do you go about warning people?

ups and downs
    Either a Fizik Tundra 2 or a Rocky Mountain XC Light (same saddle as came on my Instinct 970 - just different colours) depending which Altitude you're buying. Fairly flat and hard like a WTB or Fizik. Personally I like a rounder profile saddle like a Selle Italia Flite Ti.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This can't be right-2013_0210new0007.jpg  

I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    That does look a lot like a Tundra, which has a flat profile that works great for some people (like me).

Check out Fizik's saddle fitting system online to see if a saddle like this is approriate for you. In general, the firm flat topped saddles work best for riders with a lot of flexibility in the pelvis (Fizik calls these peoples 'snakes'.. haha).

In Fizik's line, the Gobi XM and Aliante are, progressively, designed for riders with more normal amounts of flexibility.

It's not a failsafe system, but worth checking out. It certainly works for me. Fizik considers me a 'snake' and the hard flat Tundra works well for me, better than the more rounded Gobi XM that came on my 970 RSL.
    Last edited by TwoWheelMan; 02-10-2013 at 06:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Well I've started thinking seriously about what seat to get now I have a WTB Pure V which was recommended to me by a girl at the bike shop and it is a comfortable seat. However, I was riding a friends bike the other day for about ten minutes after I'd ridden mine about 20 miles and noticed his seat felt way more comfortable than mine. Turns out it was a WTB Pure V but an older version. I wonder if the seats broke in more or there's a different type of padding. Neither one of us ride with bike shorts. I guess I'm a snake I can touch my toes I'd just like to be a more comfortable snake