Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid

Blizzard LT 19" frame weight?

So my 4th ETSX frame has sadly developed a crack on the seat tube... I had high hopes for this one being a 2008 Team Scandium, and it managed to survive more mile than any of previous ones (1860km) but alas in the end it met the same fate..

Here I am with all these really nice components from the ETSX and considering everything these days is tapered this and press-fit that, most of these parts are pretty old school and wouldn't fit. Searching around I noticed the Blizzard LT frame would be a pretty good match... 27.2 seatpost, designed around a 130mm 1 1/8" fork, standard threaded bottom bracket. And best of all it is steel, so it should last pretty much forever!

So I know this frame is not going to be a lightweight, but does anyone have actual frame weight for the 19" size?

ups and downs
    I think my 2005 Blizzard was around 4.5 or 4.7 pounds (I can't find a photo of the frame on the scale) so I'd bet the Blizzard LT would be around 5 pounds with the gusset and likely beefier DT. I wouldn't expect it would be over 5 pounds.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    I think my 2005 Blizzard was around 4.5 or 4.7 pounds (I can't find a photo of the frame on the scale) so I'd bet the Blizzard LT would be around 5 pounds with the gusset and likely beefier DT. I wouldn't expect it would be over 5 pounds.
    Looks like it is going to be more as I found this: "Approximately 5.9lb / 2.68kg (15.5" Version)" so I'm guessing 19" will be around 6lbs?

I imagine this is due to the 4130 tubing, oversized downtube, and generally beefed up frame needed to handle the stresses of long travel fork.

Anyway, I pulled the trigger so I'll let you know when it arrives.

ups and downs
    That's seriously beefy, but then again for a AM/FR hardtail it would have to be.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Frame arrived today and I weighed it @ 6.35lb using digital hanging scale. My deceased ETSX frame was 6.5lbs so in fact this Blizzard will probably end up weighing more than the ETSX did due to the full length cable housings used with the LT model.