mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Any one running a 2x Chain guide on their Altitudes?

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone one who has put on a 2x chain guide on their rock mountain 650b altitude could comment on what they got and how it was been working for them. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Have you looked at one of the Bionicon C guides? I have one on my Slayer, seems to be working very well so far.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I have looked at the Bionicon guides, but the $50 price seems outrageous for what it is. I just ordered a MRP 2x guide & bash off ebay for $40 so we will see how that goes!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarb View Post
    I have looked at the Bionicon guides, but the $50 price seems outrageous for what it is. I just ordered a MRP 2x guide & bash off ebay for $40 so we will see how that goes!
    Please let us know how it goes. I find I'm getting a bit of chain slap when I'm railing downhill and I'm thinking of adding a guide to my 790. I've used MRP on my DH bikes and they were reasonably good.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by adviljunky View Post
    Please let us know how it goes. I find I'm getting a bit of chain slap when I'm railing downhill and I'm thinking of adding a guide to my 790. I've used MRP on my DH bikes and they were reasonably good.
    Yea, the reason I'm getting the guide is because of chain drop and slap. I was suuper surprised (unpleasantly) that RM did not spec a clutched XT derailure with my 750.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I put an e thirteen trs + dual on mine. Seems to be doing the job. The outer guide plate on the roller broke the first ride I had after I installed it. E thirteen sent me a new one, stressing, the fact that I may have over tightened the screw (1nm). Took it apart the other day, it was a little more than finger tight. The reason it broke, caught a rock. Rotated it more towards 9-oclock maxed on the iscg 5. We'll see how long it lasts. Maybe I should have gotten the one with the slider. Let me know how the mrp works, I've had an mrp on my 1X for years with no issue.