Thread: Anticipation...

ups and downs

Anticipation...

Oh my, so it begins.... anticipation builds like a leg cramp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anticipation...-anticipation.jpg  

I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I love bikes, I have two now, one HT and the altitude thats coming soon...

but dont you have, like, 10 bikes??? How many more do you need? lol

j/k, in all honesty, if i wasnt a broke ass student, id have many many bikes

ups and downs
    I'm down to 4 assembled and rideable bikes. I've been paring down the collection to make room for the new Element.

There is no such thing as too many bikes, there's just too little storage and too little time to ride them all.

The correct number of bikes to own is defined by B=N+1, where B is the number of bikes you need and N is the number you have now. Repeat as necessary.
    Last edited by rockyuphill; 12-13-2010 at 09:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    I'm down to 4 assembled and rideable bikes. I've been pairing down the collection to make room for the new Element.

There is no such thing as too many bikes, there just too little storage and too little time to ride them all.

The correct number of bikes to own is defined by B=N+1, where B is the number of bikes you need and N is the number you have now. Repeat as necessary.
    this... words of wisdom thanks for that...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Hmm, yes - I have succumbed and ordered an MSL 70, website says it should be here Mid December, which is tomorrow by my reckoning! Now, if I could just buy some more riding time, feels like I've spent more time thinking about riding than actually riding for the last few months!
    Rocky Mountain 2003 Hammer, 2009 Vertex 70 RSL, 2012 Element 970
    2012 Wilier Triestina Gran Turismo

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Good job!

I'm down to 4 assembled and rideable bikes. I've been paring down the collection to make room for the new Element.

There is no such thing as too many bikes, there's just too little storage and too little time to ride them all.

The correct number of bikes to own can also be expressed as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

I like the half empty/ half full perspective of too little storage vs too many bikes

mtbr member
    I pre ordered the new Slayer frame: does anyone know if these usually take longer to get delivered than fully finished bikes? I have a big empty space under my Christmas tree I would love to fill

ups and downs
    Quote Originally Posted by team ti
    The correct number of bikes to own can also be expressed as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

I like the half empty/ half full perspective of too little storage vs too many bikes
    You may need another equation to define the correct number of partners to have. The only time there should be a conflict with the partner is if she owns more bikes than you do.

The red paint on the Element 70 MSL is drop dead gorgeous, but it weighs 90gms more than the raw carbon, I was tempted, but I decided to stick with the Element Team order.

I'm hoping that frames are available faster than complete bikes. They take a lot less time to build up. I am anxiously awaiting the Element Team frame. Anxious I tell you.

mtbr member
    You may need another equation to define the correct number of partners to have. The only time there should be a conflict with the partner is if she owns more bikes than you do.

The red paint on the Element 70 MSL is drop dead gorgeous, but it weighs 90gms more than the raw carbon, I was tempted, but I decided to stick with the Element Team order.

I'm hoping that frames are available faster than complete bikes. They take a lot less time to build up. I am anxiously awaiting the Element Team frame. Anxious I tell you.
    with that much "anticipation" and "anxiousness" you may have to watch your blood pressure

mtbr member
    Unfortunately yes, frames will come after bikes... Demand is so high for complete bikes, we need every frame we can make for them

Product Manager
    RMB
    Main Rides: 14 Proto - 13 Element RSL 29 - 13 Altitude MSL - 13 Prestige RSL

ups and downs
    Doh!

ups and downs
    What I'm really afraid of is that I'll walk into DB and see one of these in a 19" and I'll buy it, even though I have an Element Team coming.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anticipation...-element_rocky_mountain2.jpg  

ups and downs
    Doh! Chain Reaction Cycles has Element 70 RSL and 70 MSL's in stock and the balance of the models coming Dec 20.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB-PM
    Unfortunately yes, frames will come after bikes... Demand is so high for complete bikes, we need every frame we can make for them

Ah well, if it wasnt for the 2 feet of snow on the ground and sub zero temperatures at the moment, I might have been even more disappointed that my christmas present to myself probably wont arrive before Christmas As it is, my Flatline is in a thousand bits, so atleast I have something to keep me going (trying to read those damned exploded PDF's and trying to figure out what goes back where)

ups and downs
    Quote Originally Posted by swaussie
    As it is, my Flatline is in a thousand bits, so atleast I have something to keep me going (trying to read those damned exploded PDF's and trying to figure out what goes back where)
    It's always a good idea to take digital photos of things when you dismantle them... (I speak from experience on this )

mtbr member
    It's always a good idea to take digital photos of things when you dismantle them... (I speak from experience on this )
    Wise words my friend - just a week late

ups and downs
    Quote Originally Posted by swaussie
    Wise words my friend - just a week late
    Most really wise words are just about that late.