• 11-21-2012
    stayhigh
    Altitude 50 vs chain device?
    Morning All

I have an 09 Altitude in 26" flavour which I'm running as a 2x9 with bash. Are there any clearance issues surrounding using a chain device with this?

I thought I'd ask before getting one to save myself having to send stuff back ;)

Cheers all :)
  • 11-21-2012
    rockyuphill
    What sort of chain device are you considering? There's no ISCG tabs on the Altitude.
  • 11-21-2012
    Northern Soul
    I have a 2010 Altitude and have just fitted a Bionicon chain device and it works great I run a 3 by 9
    can take a snap if you like
  • 11-21-2012
    stayhigh
    It would be a BB mount chain device.

If you could please Northern Soul :)
  • 11-22-2012
    Northern Soul
    1 Attachment(s)
    this is it, doubt very much you will be able to fit a bb device.
  • 11-22-2012
    rockyuphill
    If you're thinking of something like a Blackspire Dewlie C4 it likely won't work without some modifications with a Dremel to clear the swingarm. Something like the E-Thirteen TRS+Dual Chain guide pr MRP 2X chain guide might have fewer points of interference, but you'd likely still need to be prepared to apply a grinder to clear the swingarm/pivot area.
  • 11-22-2012
    Slowup
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stayhigh View Post
    Morning All

I have an 09 Altitude in 26" flavour which I'm running as a 2x9 with bash. Are there any clearance issues surrounding using a chain device with this?

I thought I'd ask before getting one to save myself having to send stuff back ;)

Cheers all :)

A bb mount Blackspire Stinger fits just fine.

Plus they come in lots of cool colours.
  • 11-23-2012
    stayhigh
    Cool, looks like a Stinger it is then

Cheers all