mtbr member

Altitude 29er Suspension Clicking

Third ride and it has gotten progressively more noticeable. On the initial rebound stroke of the suspension there is a click no matter how much travel was involved. It almost seems like there is a dead space that the suspension has to catch up to. Anyone else experiencing this?

ups and downs
    Is this just something you're hearing or do you feel it in the suspension travel?
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    I feel it minimally through the saddle (which could be my imagination). I can't decide if I think it's the frame or the shock the noise is originating from.

mtbr member
    I pulled the shock and was able to determine the noise is coming from the shock. It's almost like a valve clicks as the travel changes direction.

ups and downs
    That's likely the rebound damping valving. Fox shocks can create all sorts of noises when working normally, wet squidgy sounds and the like. If it starts to affect the actual shock performance I'd take it in to have a warranty service done.

It would be worth trying what happens when you turn the rebound damping to max and to the min settings
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Thanks for the feedback rocky. It certainly seems to be working properly. I'll just roll with it for a while.

mtbr member
    Okay, the clicking/thunk noise has got to go. I have now decided it is linked to pro pedal and am getting a lot of bob. Taking it in later today. Will report back on any findings.

mtbr member
    The bike shop decided that it sounded like a problem with the rebound damper. They made it good by swapping out a new shock. However, the new one has the high volume canister. We'll see how it handles 200#.