boy
    mtbr member
    Dec 2011

An adjustable seat post for RM Altitude 90 RSL 2010

Hi,

I'm riding a 2010 model of RM Altitude 90 RSL and totally loving it. I was thinking about getting an adjustable seat post for the next summer. The one I have in mind is Rockshox Reverb. I'm just wondering what would be the best way for the cable routing? Do you guys have any idea on how to get the cable run inside the frame? There is available a "Stealth" model of the Reverb where the cable leaves from the down end of the seat post (Rock Shox Reverb Stealth 125 Connectamajig Stütze 31,6 MMX rechts). All that would be needed is a hole somewhere in the frame so the cable would get out so could that be arranged somehow? The gear cables are already running inside the frame so it would be great if there was a way to make this work.

Cheers,
    boy

ups and downs
    The 2010 Altitude RSL internal routing doesn't have any provision to route the seatpost cable/hose inside to run the Stealth post. Those internal cable tubes are all run inside the top tube, so even if you decided to ditch your front derailleur and use the FD internal route, disconnecting the internal tube, it would end up in the top tube and not in the downtube at the bottom bracket to run up the seat tube. Your best bet is to use the external routed control cable and zip tie it to the brake hose guides with the brake hose.

The Kind Shock Lev and Crank Brothers Kronolog posts uses a release mechanism that is stationary on the collar of the seatpost instead of up at the saddle clamp, which would be tidier with the external frame cable routing.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

boy
    mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thank you for the quick reply! Yea, I guess I'll have to go with the external routing. I'll also have to think about those other options.

ups and downs
    The Altitude uses a 30.9mm seat post, rather than the 31.6mm in the Reverb link in your first post.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

boy
    mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    That's correct. Thanks for the notice, rockyuphill.