Dog is my co-pilot

2014 Element availability

Does anyone know when the 2014 element 999 RSL will be available? My lbs thinks it will be late spring, which makes planning for next years racing season a little uncertain. I'm sold on the bike but i also need to be ready to go in early april.
    Last edited by clunkin; 12-24-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    [SIZE=3]race bicycles not dogs[/SIZE]

ups and downs
    You'd need to determine which model you were wanting as they likely wouldn't all be available at once. They would typically get the factory and sponsored racers their bikes in early April.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by clunkin View Post
    Does anyone know when the 2014 element 999 RSL will be available? My lbs thinks it will be late spring, which makes planning for next years racing season a little uncertain. I'm sold on the bike but i also need to be ready to go in early april.
    I had a 999 frame set on order for 4 months and in late October the local RM distributor confirmed it would be further delayed until at least January.

I can't complain though, they pulled down a new 2014 970 (same frame, different shock) and gave me that at a reduced price.

Great service. My local dealer does have a 2014 999 in stock size large if you fancy a quick trip to Australia!

mtbr member
    Wow I guess I am a lucky guy, I just received a call two weeks ago that my 999 frame is ready to be picked up. I am just waiting to get back to town to go into the shop and pick it up, which should be tomorrow.

Get your LBS to call spring time is usually when rocky gets things going but this year it seems to be a little earlier then normal.
    Rocky Element
    My Attempt at a Blog

Dog is my co-pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by jrastories View Post
    Wow I guess I am a lucky guy, I just received a call two weeks ago that my 999 frame is ready to be picked up. I am just waiting to get back to town to go into the shop and pick it up, which should be tomorrow.

Get your LBS to call spring time is usually when rocky gets things going but this year it seems to be a little earlier then normal.
    That sounds encouraging. What size is your frame? I'm looking for an XL frame or complete bike.
    [SIZE=3]race bicycles not dogs[/SIZE]

mtbr member

Re: 2014 Element availability

Just picked up my medium frame today, I'm so excited to get it built up now, rims should arrive shortly and then the last big thing to pick up will be the fox 32 120 CTD fork.

I am building it up with XTR 1X10 with the new next sl crank, and one up components 42 tooth cog, wheels will be 240s with crests and formula brakes.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    Rocky Element
    My Attempt at a Blog

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Get the 51mm offset fork as per Rocky !! This will make bike handle better since your going to 120mm travel.

mtbr member
    I never even thought of that thanks for the info

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Rocky Element
    My Attempt at a Blog

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I have the 2013 RSL with Fox CTD rear shock, and 2014 Fox 120 CTD fork. I sent my rear shock out for service it was time. Suspension Experts is the place to have it serviced, highly recom. !! You will not believe the difference in the way the bike feels, so then I sent my 2014 Fox 120mm 32 CTD fork out to them. I bought the 47mm offset fork not knowing about the 51mm offset. As I was telling SE about making the fork handle better by lowering it to 110mm travel. They said keep it at 120mm but change out crown to 51mm off set, this will lower trail and make steering quicker. I called Rocky Mountain and they agreed !! They said the bike is really designed for 100mm fork, so at 120mm travel the 51mm off set will allow the bike to handle like the 100mm but with more travel of the 120mm. I gave the OK to get it done, 220.00 bucks for the 51mm crown and stanchions + the service of 140.00. I can't wait to get back in a few days !!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Your going to love the bike, the double lockout with just one remote level works flawless. Also the 2013 lever works better on the left side on the down side of bar. I have the 2014 lever also but like the 2013 better on the downside of bar. 2014 is smaller but not well designed in my opinion.