Altitude 770 MSL
    Rocky Mountain Altitude 770 MSL

2014 Rocky Mountain Altitude 770 MSL Rally Edition
    2014 Rocky Mountain Altitude 770 MSL Rally Edition

Altitude 799 MSL
    2014 Rocky Mountain Altitude 799 MSL

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks again for posting!!! I was in the store today and the 799 is a dream! 770 is more realistic, but the 799 is aspirational...

Sweet rides!

wheelie king
    Thanks for the pics, Saddle Up. Did you weight them? Specifically the 750 and 750msl.

mtbr member

2014 Altitudes Are Here (pics)

I see a lot of remotes for the rear shock. Do you know if there's any kind of link for the fork and shock similar to the twinlock? Or the remote Works only with the rear shock? Thxx

mtbr member
    I set my Altitude up with the dual remote from Fox so that both fork and shock move together. Works great.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I weighed my 2014 750 msl with shimano trail xt pedals and it was 30.9 lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Altitudes Are Here (pics)-image.jpg  

wheelie king
    Great pic with the leaves. Is that a medium?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks. The leaves are more from me being a slacker and not getting them up off my driveway. We live in the woods and it seems everyday our property is covered in leaves these days. Yes the bike is a medium. I have had it for about a month and am loving it. I originally had it in the slackest setting but found that the front end wasn't quite as planted on the climbs. The neutral setting is perfect for me. My last bike I bought in 1997 and, needless to say, the technology has gotten quite better since then.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I found the same thing with my Instinct.. Now im in full climb and its a dream!
    Rocky Mountain 13 Instinct
    Rocky Mountain 13 Solo
    Pugsly 12
    Trek XO Cross 11

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Stunning looking ride! How tall are you to order a Medium? I am 177cm, so about 5foot 10...my lbs ordered a large for me, i hope it'll fit me...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm sure it will fit you fine. I am not quite 5' 9". I test rode a large last year and I got the overall sense that it felt too big. The medium fits me well except I feel it would be nice to have an extra inch on the top tube. I have orangutang long arms. My last bike purchase was in 1997 and I had a really long stem with a more cross country geometry, so it might be something I just have to get used to. If worse comes to worse, I might get a slightly longer stem. But at 5' 10", I'm sure the large will suit you fine. Compare the geometry. There really isn't that much of a difference except for the top tube and the seat tube lengths are an inch or so longer( from what I recall though you might want to check). Obviously this changes the wheelbase a bit but I'm pretty sure the stand over height is the same on both models.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Hey Beachbum,

I'm looking at the aluminum 750 and the bike you got, the 750msl. Kinda torn as the the brakes on the aluminum 750 are slx, and on the carbon, they are elixirs. How do you like the brakes? Are you planning on getting a tubeless wheelset? I know I want a dropper, which is why the 750msl is appealing. How does that color look in real life? I saw the aluminum 750, and it is stunning. The brushed silver looks really great.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I think the brakes work great. The disclaimer is my last bike had V brakes so that probably doesn't help you much. I am planning on going tubeless but first I am going to upgrade the wheels to a carbon set from Light Bicycles(Christmas Present!) I would say the color scheme is awesome. The one thing I will say is the yellow is actualy more of a yellow-green which I did not realize until I got it. I would have preferred a straight yellow, but it still looks nice.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks....yeah coming from a V brake, those Elixers would feel amazing. Those carbon wheels will transform the bike even more!....Have Fun

mtbr member
    Picking up my 750MSL this weekend, very excited! I was going to get the alloy 750 (prefer Shimano brakes as above), but as I race XC for a team sponsored by Rocky I was able to get a great deal on the MSL as it was in stock in Australia. If I hate the elixirs it's not much to pop a set of Shimano brakes on.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    If you need another friend, I'll be your Best Friend Forever, and maybe i can get in on that sponsored Rocky deal....... That bike looks sweet! Congrats

mtbr member

Rocky is a pretty boutique brand here in Oz, but the distributors help out a couple local shop teams (including my LBS Brisbane Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Custom bicycles, Jamis, Felt, Rocky Mountain Focus Chapel Hill Brisbane). It's awesome to have their support and ride such great bikes. Most of us race XC/Marathons on Vertex's, such a versatile hardtail.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I know about the Vertex 29 RSL.......I've got one.......I love it, but I'm thinking of putting a 120mm fork on it to relax the ride a bit and have a little more cush on sweet jumps and such! Whatta think about that?.....good or bad idea? I think the frame could handle it.

wheelie king
    My 770msl size large.

Last edited by 661lee; 12-17-2013 at 09:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Picked up my altitude last Friday, Elixir 5's are better than I expected. I might still replace them with a set of Elixir trails though. Need to tubeless up and ditch the cheap heavy cassette: 2014 Altitudes Are Here (pics)-altitude.jpg.