Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2013 Rocky Mountain Element RSL Carbon 29er

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  barnea10 
#1 ·
See less See more
2 4
#3 ·
Leel,

I asked this in the comments on your article as well, but I am not sure if you are still checking comments there:

How would you compare the Element BC edition to the Altitude 29er?

I am looking for my first 29er trail bike and these are two of the options. The Altitude has more rear travel but steeper geometry.

If you were going to comment on these two side by side as trail bikes (I have no plans to race) what would your thoughts be?

Thanks!

#7 ·
LeeL,

How does it handle up and down on tight switchbacks?

I see you had to hop the back wheel on one and the camera shot seemed to end right when you were turning into some other tight switchbacks.

It looks like the bike can handle more than what i usually ride other than seeing how it does in switchbacks.

Also, are you riding in 120mm mode in the most recent footge?

Thanks!

#9 ·
You bet I'm in full travel mode.

It's pretty good in the tight switchbacks actually. Not too surprising because the wheelbase is about the same as my 26" bike (Pivot Mach 5) so I don't have to do too much hopping.

Lee. What about comparing the new 29er to the 26 MSL? Have you ridden both?

Cheers
I haven't had more than 1 short little ride on the 26. Am actually going to grab one so I can try it out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.