Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    When did you get here?!?!

2013 RM Element BC has arrived!

Out of the box mods: Industry Nine wheels, Answer 20/20 handlebars, Old school Time Atac pedals. As soon as I have a ride report I'll update here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 RM Element BC has arrived!-bc1.jpg  

2013 RM Element BC has arrived!-bc2.jpg  

2013 RM Element BC has arrived!-bc3.jpg  

2013 RM Element BC has arrived!-bc4.jpg  

You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

Bikes!
    Very nice, looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

I just wish that RMB were available in the UK at the moment...
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2015 Trek Farley 8

mtbr member
    28# ?
    Bit of a porker . What size is it ?

mtbr member
    I ordered my 950RSL yesterday. CAN'T WAIT!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccaddy View Post
    28# ?
    and today's d-bag award goes to ....

mtbr member
    ......because ???
    I also own an Element and it weighs less .
    Just want to know why the BC weighs more

ups and downs
    Dropper post (+3/4 pound), SRAM X-9 components instead of XTR, aluminium rear triangle, TALAS fork, RF triple cranks, Elixir brakes... it all adds up.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I ordered my 970 RSL about a month ago and was told to expect it beginning of new year.

When did you get here?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    Dropper post (+3/4 pound), SRAM X-9 components instead of XTR, aluminium rear triangle, TALAS fork, RF triple cranks, Elixir brakes... it all adds up.
    You took the words out of my mouth. I'm very pleased with the build and the weight that comes along with it. Since the first photos I've tossed out the tubes, added Stan's and Kenda Nevegals. So far I have two rides on it.

First let me say I've been riding mountain bikes for 21 years now and the last eight have been on WaltWorks hardtails. My favorite bike (before the RMBC) is my WaltWorks 'Freeride'. Slack headtube, long travel fork, BURLY build so the RMBC feels rather svelte in comparison.

Quick first impressions:
    Technical climbing: Best done in the 100 setting on the fork. I'm very pleased to not have a dedicated 120 on this frame. The front end wanders on tech stuff in 120.
    Steep climbs: I didn't notice as much wander in 120 (when I forgot to drop back to 100) on smooth steeps as I did in the tech stuff.
    Tech descents: I turned the fork and shock to the descend setting for big descents for both rides. This changed the bike from a nimble racer to a FR sled. It blows my mind how much the shock effects the bike as a whole. In the tech the front end stays put until I pick up the front wheel, which seems incredibly easy.
    High speed descents: Point. and. shoot. Cornering? on rails. Unexpected tech? lean back, lift the front wheel, smash through it. Fast Fast Fast.

So, ehhh, not bad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 RM Element BC has arrived!-p1120844.jpg  

2013 RM Element BC has arrived!-rmbcinpisgah.jpg  

You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

mtbr member
    May 2006
    28# ?
    Come on dude...be nice! Try spending a little time looking into the component spec of this bike before you go off sounding like a roadie. People from this forum know about your bike and all the 10 gram deductions you have made with water bottle cage bolts and the like.

I applaud the owner of this very nice 28 lb. bike. I bet he can actually ride "real trails" with it as well...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Thanks for the review, I've been looking on the net to find recent reviews. I am looking into buying another bike and I had the chance to demo for two days a BC edition (undersized I am 6'2'' and tested a M frame, not quite sure what size would be best for me) that was undersized and in rainy conditions but I was more than impressed with the rig. I presently own a 26' 2009 specialized stumpy elite and looking to get a more efficient climber but I don't want to let go of the descending effectiveness of a stumpy to much. I am an ex motocross racer. I have to say that this thing is the closest if not as good or better going downhill than my present ride. Corners like a 26', front wheel pops up easily and 120 front travel seems just right for the more aggressive descending XC rider. Pedal bob seems inexistent. And smokes my present ride going uphill. I have to say I haven't demoed a bunch of XC bikes but I did try a spech epic, wich seemed like a great climber without a doubt but not even close in handling for descending compared to this bc edition. Now if anybody has an Idea on which size would be right for me or how I could figure it out, I would really appreciate and would be one step closer to ordering one.

Quote Originally Posted by pisgahproductions View Post
    You took the words out of my mouth. I'm very pleased with the build and the weight that comes along with it. Since the first photos I've tossed out the tubes, added Stan's and Kenda Nevegals. So far I have two rides on it.

First let me say I've been riding mountain bikes for 21 years now and the last eight have been on WaltWorks hardtails. My favorite bike (before the RMBC) is my WaltWorks 'Freeride'. Slack headtube, long travel fork, BURLY build so the RMBC feels rather svelte in comparison.

Quick first impressions:
    Technical climbing: Best done in the 100 setting on the fork. I'm very pleased to not have a dedicated 120 on this frame. The front end wanders on tech stuff in 120.
    Steep climbs: I didn't notice as much wander in 120 (when I forgot to drop back to 100) on smooth steeps as I did in the tech stuff.
    Tech descents: I turned the fork and shock to the descend setting for big descents for both rides. This changed the bike from a nimble racer to a FR sled. It blows my mind how much the shock effects the bike as a whole. In the tech the front end stays put until I pick up the front wheel, which seems incredibly easy.
    High speed descents: Point. and. shoot. Cornering? on rails. Unexpected tech? lean back, lift the front wheel, smash through it. Fast Fast Fast.

So, ehhh, not bad.

mtbr member
    Whoa - RM got rid of the incremental inch sizes for 2013 and are going with S,M,L,XL,XXL!?!

At 6'2" my guess would be XL depending on the rest of your body dimensions and what feels right to you.

mtbr member
    "...try spending a little time looking into the component spec of this bike before you go off sounding like a roadie.."

Exactly why I asked what size it is as to compare apples to apples .
    Not being familuar with the BC Edition , I was hoping to have the bikes weight explained .
    Besides , I was too lazy to look it up

Wimpy trail ride
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 RM Element BC has arrived!-dsc_0394-34-1-.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2006
    You could really drop some weight and go with a hardtail...I've seen many guys running those on trails like that.

mtbr member
    Naah .... Im too old for a hard tail , I have to work the next day ;-)

mtbr member
    May 2009
    As someone who had been torn about shedding weight vs. adding trail worthiness, I must say that I'm now 100% in the camp that dropper post and more aggressive tires are well worth any penalty and the confidence/speed you gain on the trail over the whole ride offset any "perceived" weight penalties. But it is nice to have a lighter bike, no doubt about that!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Oh... and by the way, your BC edition is SWEEET. If I had the patience to have waited for this year vs. last, I probably would have gone with that beautiful beast. Enjoy your ride!

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    "...try spending a little time looking into the component spec of this bike before you go off sounding like a roadie.."

Exactly why I asked what size it is as to compare apples to apples .
    Not being familuar with the BC Edition , I was hoping to have the bikes weight explained .
    Besides , I was too lazy to look it up

Wimpy trail ride
    How nice that you explained that you weren't just being a colossal dick in asking such a stupid question
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeL View Post
    How nice that you explained that you weren't just being a colossal dick in asking such a stupid question

Colossal dick! Lol
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2015 Trek Farley 8

mtbr member
    I saw my 950 RSL in the shop last night. GORGEOUS! And I forgot to take pics.

mtbr member
    Colosal Dick .... Not .
    Manners
    I clould say the same about you "assuming" thats why I was
    asking that question .
    Guess my filter is better then yours

ohhman
    . . .
    Last edited by salmansp; 12-27-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: double post

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Large frame? Any feedback on the XX1?

Quote Originally Posted by salmansp View Post
    Just added a xx1 group, Enve DH bars, I9 TrailSl wheels Ardent 2.25's, xo trail brakes...to stock BC...

24 lbs 13oz. Perfect trail bike.
    Last edited by seleniak; 12-27-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
    - Arthur C. Clarke

ohhman
    Just added a xx1 group, Enve DH bars, I9 TrailSl wheels Ardent 2.25's, xo trail brakes...to stock BC...

24 lbs 13oz. Perfect trail bike.

ohhman
    Medium Frame.

The XX1 is a great group... Been riding it for about 2 months. I have it on a AM-bike as well... I have not dropped a chain yet (200+mi. of rough Pisgah)

It is a great option for those who love 1x10 and want a spin gear and possibly a harder gear.
    Match it with some industry nine wheels, and you are set.

i will get pics soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast